I might have a room! Where do I start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu8909

Reaction score
This afternoon i was on here having a rant about worrying whether to start up, now after a drive around town i was offered a room in a leisure centre! Im excited but now i have to get all the bits and bobs sorted!

my question now is where do i start?

Can't help, but you must be very excited.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry don't have a clue but well done x

Hi

I have recently done the same myself and I love it. My advice is to have a mental picture of what you would like to the room to look like thinking about what it says about you and the services you will be offering.

Write a list of all of the bits and products that you will need, then split that into things that you need and things that you would like.

Once you know that you can start scouring the town and catalogues. Get all the things you need and then look out for good deals and sales for the things you would like.

Think outside the box, sometimes salon supply catalogues are good but I've made some great purchases as many other geeks have from Ikea. Also Poundstretcher, Primark for towels, Rymans and WHSmiths for display bits and peices, TKMaxx is also another good source of expensive looking mirrors and accessories.

Have a budget and stick to it, it's so easy to get carried away.

I hope that it goes well hun, keep us updated :p x

thanks for the info. the room already has a couch in and is painted a nice blue. iv got some bits and pieces but i definatly need towels so off to primark i will be going!

also what do i need to do business wise? ive got to set up all the insurance and things pretty fast but i dont know where to start

My insurance is through Salon Gold but many others use BeautyGuild, they both have good reputations and can insure you almost immediately.

You might want to make sure that you have the proper sanitising equipment.

Price lists and business cards are also good to get you known. You can either make your own via somewhere cheap like vista print or go to a printers who will offer you a design service too.

Gumtree and VivaStreet are free to advertise on. The local paper may do an article on you if you offer them a free treatment.

But really hun you're ready to go!

Latest posts

Back