I need to see the Light!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess124

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone out there could recommend some decent lighting. As the days are getting shorter (and darker!) I have realised I need a decent lamp so I can practice l&p at night. So far I have just stuck to the day time but this is getting harder due to school hols etc. I have tried an ordinary table lamp but it wasn't really helping much. Don't know if I need a diffrent type of bulb or something? Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question! Still learning!
icon_redface.gif

Hi. an ordinary table lamp isn't great, you need an anglepoise or one of the halogen lamps that can be directed to whatever angle you want. They are about £5 from B&Q and they have them in lots of colours.
HTH
Lorraine

I use a daylight bulb in my normal desk lamp which gives out much better light for you to see finer detail than halogen or basic electric bulbs.

The Daylight company also do a portable daylight lamp for about £30, it folds in on itself so is really compact, ideal for mobile work.

I find that these lights get too hot an set your roduct sometimes too quick, i prefer the halogen.x

hi chick, i got a great one from ikea, chrome one, v stylish, £12.99 its great xx

zoeCU said:
I find that these lights get too hot an set your roduct sometimes too quick, i prefer the halogen.x

Do you mean the daylght bulbs/lamps?

Yes i mean the daylight bulbs, i often thought it gave off too much heat.x

Oh, thank you everyone for your replies. I will have a look in the shops tomorrow!:p

Latest posts

Back