IBX heat lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiona17

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am just about to purchase IBX for the first time as I've read so many good things about it and I have some clients who seem interested. Is it best to buy the heat lamp that Louella Belle are selling or is there a better or cheaper alternative lamp that works well on the market elsewhere? Thanks

I'm just on the louella belle website right now. They changed the lamp. It's slightly cheaper than their other one. When they were selling their other one, I bought a compact infared lamp for the price of their current lamp. THis new one looks better than what I have. My desk space is pretty limited so I have to juggle things around a bit for the heating process. I like the idea of it clamping onto the desk.

Sorry to jump in.
Is there a free delivery limit on Louella Belle? Cheers x

I noticed that lamp is clip on which is not great for me as I'm mobile and don't always use my own table. Think I'll have another look around for one.
I'm pretty sure the free delivery is for orders over £150 which is quite steep. I've just ordered my IBX and thought the delivery was quite expensive but if it comes very quickly then I won't mind so much :)

That's extortionate! Either way I'll have to suck it up and pay the delivery as i personally (and the mother) would really benefit from IBX x

I picked up the heat lamp yesterday from Louelle belle, it's really nice but have to admit if you are mobile then it may not be ideal. I used it for the first time today and was very happy with it.

I noticed that lamp is clip on which is not great for me as I'm mobile and don't always use my own table. Think I'll have another look around for one.
I'm pretty sure the free delivery is for orders over £150 which is quite steep. I've just ordered my IBX and thought the delivery was quite expensive but if it comes very quickly then I won't mind so much :)

I'm mobile and I use a travel hairdryer! Works great and was cheap. Just use on lowest setting and hold 16-18ins away from hands. I also paint both hands and expose to heat simultaneously to reduce treatment time. My clients are seeing great results :)

I had an ordinary desk lamp with a normal light bulb in it. I bought an infrared bulb off the internet (that you would use to keep your pet lizard warm!) and switched the bulbs. Works great!

The bulb was 75 watts and has the same screw thread as the ordinary bulb.

Would work if you have a desk lamp already. It would not be cheaper if you had to buy the lamp to start with.

I already have a little travel hair dryer so I think I'll try that to start with and see how it goes. It'll fit in my bag too so that's another bonus. Excited about trying it but didn't arrive in post today....maybe tomorrow 😀

The IBX lamp uses a 40watt reflector bulb, so I took the infrared bulb out of my lamp (as Linda says it's too hot), and replaced it with a 40w reflector, it works just as well.

I guess you could buy any lamp that suits your situation, and just put a different bulb in it. x

I use my Minx lamp - it's infra red but white bulb x

The ideal bulb suggested by Linda is a 40 wattage reflector bulb. On Louella belle as I am looking for myself, its only £19.95 for the lamp and bulb, which is good value for money and it looks professional.

I think Louelle belle still have a offer if ordered over the phone you get lamp, bulb and duo pack. I won't say price incase not allowed on here but it had a saving of about £17 if ordered together. I brought it on offer on Monday :)

Latest posts

Back