IBX problems!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchappers

Reaction score
can anyone confirm successful results of using IBX, in starting to loose faith

Everyone I've used it on has loved it.

What's happening?.

Yes I've had some amazing results. What problems are you having?

I've had nothing but fantastic results from the IBX system. How long have you been using it? And what problems are you having?
I would always double check how you're applying IBX and make sure you're following the correct instructions. Louella Belle can provide you with a really useful quick reference guide which may help.

Happy Easter everyone, sorry I've not replied!
I've been getting so far with IBX but can't get past the tips, I've been using it since Oct on one lady with really bad nails they are 80% better but the tips are still peeling. Louella Belle advised I did double of repair very thin but that made it worse.
What heat source is everyone using as I'm not sure my (new) nail dryer gets warm enough/quick enough in 1 min. Any thoughts, hope this makes sense!!

I use the heat source lamp on louella belle with a halogen reflector bulb from homebase. It could be the old damage growing out & soon you will see much stronger growth.

Is her general health good?.

Are you applying it to the free edge? Sorry I'm just trying to get an understanding of what might be happening [emoji6]

I've had some fantastic results with it. I had a lady who's thumb nail was splitting down the middle, although I couldn't always get her in for the recommended regular treatments it's taken 5/6 months but she couldn't believe how great it's worked.

I have the Louella belle heat lamp.

Louella belle are doing 20% off for Easter.

You can tilt the nail up so it runs inbetween the layers. I did that when a relative removed her shellac with meths & it fused everything back together in one treatment.

I use the heat source lamp on louella belle with a halogen reflector bulb from homebase. It could be the old damage growing out & soon you will see much stronger growth.

Is her general health good?.
Think I need to invest in the heat lamp, I really can't think of anything else it could be, on the instructions is says heat source needs to be between 105f -110f & my nail dryer is only getting to 95f but that's after 1.5 mins. It's annoying as it does say you can use a nail dryer.
She's not on any medication and says she wears gloves when washing up! Thanks for your help, I'll get looking for a heat lamp.
Are you applying it to the free edge? Sorry I'm just trying to get an understanding of what might be happening [emoji6]

I've had some fantastic results with it. I had a lady who's thumb nail was splitting down the middle, although I couldn't always get her in for the recommended regular treatments it's taken 5/6 months but she couldn't believe how great it's worked.

Yes I am capping the free edge to make sure the

Yes I'm capping the free edge to make sure it's seeping in properly, although it doesn't mention in the instructions to do so.
Are you capping the free edge?

You only need to apply to the nail bed, it won't have any positive affects as it's dead nail. I thought that might be what's causing the peeling but couldn't find anything to support my theory, so maybe a get a heat lamp so you know it's not that.

How long have you been treating her? As previously said she still might be out growing some weaker nail.

It's she using cuticle oil to support the process? That might help keep the nail supple.

You only need to apply to the nail bed, it won't have any positive affects as it's dead nail. I thought that might be what's causing the peeling but couldn't find anything to support my theory, so maybe a get a heat lamp so you know it's not that.

How long have you been treating her? As previously said she still might be out growing some weaker nail.

It's she using cuticle oil to support the process? That might help keep the nail supple.
I've been using IBX on her since last Oct, her nails do grow slow but surely can't be that slow!
I think she maybe doing something at home she's not telling me about. She's 76 and always had bad nails.
Would you girls recommend getting the lamp from Louella Belle?

Yes that is a long time, but as we all age they grow slower and can become more brittle.

The IBX can make nails brittle sometimes if applied to often. Maybe do it every other time see if that helps.

Or maybe get your lamp and see if the regulated heat is better. As far as the lamp goes it's very reasonably priced and nice and compact, great for mobile.

Yes that is a long time, but as we all age they grow slower and can become more brittle.

The IBX can make nails brittle sometimes if applied to often. Maybe do it every other time see if that helps.

Or maybe get your lamp and see if the regulated heat is better. As far as the lamp goes it's very reasonably priced and nice and compact, great for mobile.
I've just ordered the lamp from Louella Belle, so fingers crossed
Thank you for your help x

Your very welcome, let me know how you get on x

Latest posts

Back