I'd like to compete, maybe!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenly

Reaction score
Hi there,
All these posts about competitions have got me thinking that I'd like to give it a go too. Famous last words before the fear sets in :Scared: . I've been qualified in L&P since August 2004. Are there any novice competitions coming up? If there are where can I get info from?
Thanks in advance x

Sorry, hard day! I've just seen all the info on the nail olympics. I think that this will be happening too soon for me to get practice in. What comps are happening after March? Also do I need to compete within my first year to enter as a novice?

For the Excel Novice comp, you had to be doing nails for less then a year and I think never have entered a comp before. For the Nail Olympics, you could be doing nails for any length of time but never have entered a comp before. I never had much practice for Excel Novice comp - my model was my niece from Dublin who flew over Saturday and I did a practice set & soak off on Saturday and Sunday, hence why I probably grazed her so much for at the competition. Next time, I'll make sure I have a few months practice with my model. HTH x

Same problem here. I'd love to get a comp in this year. Been doing nails for years but only started formal training last July so time is ticking to get in before this July comes around! I could do the Olympia show but I dont think I could be organised in time. Let me know if you hear of any other comps coming up.

Maybe we could register to compete at Olympia and see if we can get it together in time. Presumably if preparations dont go well we could duck out?

If you have the desire Emma, don't hold back - go for it! Although it is rather nerve-racking and despite not getting a place, I am so glad I did Excel and have learnt so much from it. Approach it positively and you'll enjoy it. You have nothing to loose but you have so much to gain. Why wait - start getting ready for Olympia now - it is FUN AND SO WORTHWHILE!

I know what you mean heavenlyy i am in the same predicament as you, olympia is too near and my year is up in august. i would have to do nails every day between now and then to get to comp standard. i have to saymine have greatly improved but only learnt P&W 6 weeks ago so think competing inmarch is a no no.

have got the bug though, may look at the manicure instead
x

Dont know about you guys but I have a massive problem finding suitable models. That would be my main problem in competing. Its been really hard finding people for training and my NVQ assessments.

I watched the comps through the window on Sunday and Monday at Excel. I tried to watch last year but the competitors were so far away from the viewing area I lost interest in watching. Being able to see it close up made me really wish I could do it.

Am I right in thinking that there is no section for gel sculpting? I see there is a wrap section is that on natural nails only or with a tip? (sorry cant seeem to log on to the olympia web site to get full details)

Latest posts

Back