Ideas for getting old clients to return?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliem

Reaction score
:cry: I finished my course and work from home, I would get clients but they would not come back. So i have done a refresher course and heaps better at doing nails now. So how do i get more clients and old clients to come back to my house ?

I think it's very hard to start off working from home. The clients aren't just going to knock on your door and you can advertise in the paper and send out flyers etc. but that still won't get them banging that door down.

You need to get yourself out there!!

Do a few freebies if you have to. .. when I first trained I wanted as many models as possible, but I wanted to show off my work too, so made sure the clients whose nails I did had a job where their nails could be noticed. One girl worked in a jewlers, one a credit union on the front desk and I did loads of hairdressers and I gave them all a few of my business cards and told them I didn't want payment, but asked if they would tell others about me ... before I knew it, I was getting busier and busier and began to charge.

I went to fashion shows and gave vouchers as a prize in the raffles and got a stand in a wedding fare .....

A few years ago I went to our local Cancer support centre and offered my services for half a day... I wasn't doing it for promotion of my business and didn't bother bringing cards or price lists with me. (I was very busy in the salon and did it on my day off)

All I did was file and paints for the ladies (even the nurses got theirs done when I was finished:))

To be honest, I was dreading going and was nervous about seeing women that had Cancer ,my Dad was having Chemo at the time so I just didn't know what to expect.

Well, it was a brilliant day and I had a great laugh and the women there were all lovely and thrilled with their nails.... it was such a small thing for me to do, but it made a big impact on them.

I got so many clients from that day.... I honestly felt quite guilty as it wasn't my intention, but it was a great bonus:)

Anyway, my point is.... get yourself out there and good luck :hug:

Last edited:
I've just realised that I didn't answer your question at all... sorry:lol:

It's going to be very hard to get back those clients, as they will remember how you were before and you are a totally different nail tech now to the one you were when you did their nails.

You could always send them a text to say you've had more training etc and offer them a discount if they return... OR maybe a complimentray file and paint on toes for every set of enhancements.

However, I would concentrate more on getting new clients rather than trying to get the old ones back, as I'm sure by now, most of them have gone elsewhere.

But no harm in texting them or E mailing them :hug:

Latest posts

Back