Ideas for treatment leaflets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
my tri fold leaflets need updating. Up to now I have made my own on vistaprint, but, I've got a lot more treatments to add to them and want to put explanations about the facials on them too.

I don't want the leaflets to look crowded though.

Any ideas on other formats of leaflets rather than tri-folds?

Hiya,

I used to have mine in a book format...you could fit in a lot more text and also add extra pages in if necessary when they went to be reprinted. They were done by a graphic designer/printer though and if I remember rightly the first lot I got cost around a pound each...so not really a cheap option. From then they were cheaper though when I needed more...

Now I just work from home, I had Carl do my design and used Vistaprint to produce them...they're not as good quality but loads cheaper and do the job...

Have you spoke to Carl from Verve? He's really good and extremely helpful, he might have some ideas???

Hope this helps,

Sarah x

yes, I have. carl does all of my stuff for me too.

Lyndsey from bimbo design did mine for me on a leaflet rather than a trifold. I've found people find it easier to find the information they're looking for and they're cheaper to print than a trifold as well

I use a booklet design, 2 A4 sheets folded in two & stapled. I designed them myself on Microsoft Publisher & print/staple them at home. Part of the reason is that I like to be able to change things as & when without having to shift loads of leaflets first!

The nice thing about a booklet is that you can spread it out & it gives room for explanations. I divided mine up so the front has the opening hours & website address, the first 2 pages are Decleor body treatments, the next 2 are Decleor & CACI facials & the back page are for aromatherapy, indian head massage etc.

I tried doing the same as martin using publisher...not sure what on earth I must've been doing because I ended up in a right pickle!! I have stuck to the tri-fold for now but really do need a booklet now as I have many things on offer and would like more detailed explanations next to some treatments.

Maybe i'll look out for a template online to make it a bit easier....

xx

yes, I have thought of doing that, printing them on 2 pages and stapling them together, it will be costly and time consuming.

do you use special paper for this? If your printing on both sides it would have to be a thicker paper surely?

I use yellow paper from Staples that is thicker than usual. I put them on to print in the evening & staple them in bored moments! It depends I suppose on how many leaflets you give out in a day/week!

I've sat and done a bit more work on my template pages today...one of these fine days they will be complete and I will be able to happily print as many as needed!

For years now I've had little booklets (1/3rd A4 size) for my treatment menu which work out at nearly £1 each :eek:. BUT it seems we're very service led in the salon & we very rarely get clients booking in for 1 of our many body treatments or facials. They just tend to book in for waxing, mans, peds etc then have nice treatments once they've checked us out.

So what I'm doing now is going back to basics ie back to a tri-fold leaflet with the best sellers in.. Point them to the website for other stuff. Plus point is that will save me 50% in costs :green:

Point is Ann, do you really need to increase your info to the client? It certainly seems for us that the more choice the client has, the less likely they are to book in for anything :irked:.

Point is Ann, do you really need to increase your info to the client? It certainly seems for us that the more choice the client has, the less likely they are to book in for anything :irked:.

Have to agree with this -I have found the more simple the brochure the better. I have found looking at some salons menu similiar to a chinese take away! :)

my point is, I've done that - kept it to bare minimum and asked people to check out my website.

I would like to increase my facial booking but my clients don't know the difference between the 4 I offer, it NEEDS explanation.

I also get from people "what is a bamboo massage? what is an oriental face massage? what is a thai seated massage?" and they are only booking things that they feel comfortable with, ie reflexology, massage and prescriptive facial.

I want my clients to book the spa treatments but lack of information is frightening them off.

I know what its like when I pick up someone elses treatment menu, I don't know what it is so I pass on to the next one.

I'll give you an example, this is from someone elses menu:

Thermal touch
1 hr pick-me-up
Stone concept facial

WHAT DO THEY MEAN???????!!!!!!!

I guess it depends on your target market then doesn't it?
We are very service led so I'm finding I don't need all the extra info on my menu.

If you are getting requests then defo you need to be doing something to maximise sales.

Having said that you have to assume that people are stupid and you can have all the info in the world but people being people won't read your info & will stick with what they are familiar with. Harsh sounding I know but that's the way it is unfortunately.

My menus are very descriptive so clients know what to expect but they will still only book in after being explained to in person.

'Haps what you could do is have some info leaflets for each of your treatments?

You raise some good points Sarah...

I think your right about keeping it simple if you are more service led...

Hippy chick, maybe stick to what you have and then have a display stand with individual leaflets for specific treatments so that the clients can pick up and take away the ones they are most interested in. That way you also dedicate a whole leaflet to one treatment so can be very descriptive without having to cut it short too much

xx

I improvised and used two sided A5 gloss laminated fliers which I got from here: Gloss Laminated Flyers | Flyers - laminated | printing.com I set the layout have two columns on the front page with my treatments and on the back I have packages, if you used this format you could put more info on if you wrote explanations across the pages, but I would still keep it short. It looks more expensive to me than printed folded paper, is easy to read, looks smart and modern and it also lasts longer as it doesn't damage so easily.:hug:

Last edited:
It must depend on your Market as when I went from trifold to brochure the number of body treatments booked increased massively. The clients often say it's the description that tempted them to try it. As a result massage, facials & body treatments are a big part of my business, which has been very good profit wise.

It must depend on your Market as when I went from trifold to brochure the number of body treatments booked increased massively. The clients often say it's the description that tempted them to try it. As a result massage, facials & body treatments are a big part of my business, which has been very good profit wise.

Also I'm sure it looks more luxurious-as money has been spent on it and more design and planning I'm sure. :hug: I am with essentia on the whole take away menu look of some lists.

Last edited:
Could you add a link in your treatment menu on your website to a pdf document explaning the specific treatments and their features & benifits you could also add them for special offers etc?

You would save a on printing cost as they can be printed off on the persons printer at home, some will some wont'.

This could be more cost effective & an easier quicker way to get the explanation out there until you decide on your flyers?

again, I find people want to take something away with them there and then.

I have worked all night like a little demon producing 8 pages on publisher and still haven't got enough room!!!!! I need to muddle things around as I still have about 4 treatments to squeeze in. I've really made a big thing of the gerard's treatments with plenty of small pictures, might take some of the pictures out as they will eat ink!

And thanks for the offers of help from you all, I appreciate it.

I have tried the tri fold menu and found I had the same problem. I like to add special treatments and variations of treatments throughout the year (like chilly toes :) )

So now i have an A5 booklet and when I want to do special treatments or in your case describe the differences between your facials etc I add an A5 leaflet to just pop inside. Its obviously the same design as the rest of my booklet. i got the idea from an upmarket salon in my area although they had more of an A5 folder because it had a little pocket on the bottom so that the "add in sheets" wouldnt slip out.

Its also a good way to mention about seasonal special offers or in your case a "what is bamboo massage?" sheet.

xx

Latest posts

Back