Imaginail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I read this in the Daily mail the other day and I wondered if it was accurate statement as I’d not read anything in the trade press

“Imaginail is the brainchild of Leighton Denny”

I thought he just endorsed it?

Or am I barking mad :!:

I thought the same as you!

Talking of Leighton Denny (sorry to hi-jack the thread), has anyone been reading the Beauty Essentials mag that he is the 'nail expert' for? Mum bought it this week and it included a DIY manicure section... including the use of cuticle nippers!
I would never in a month of Sundays tell Joe Public to use a cuticle nipper (and certainly not with the lack of detail that this magazine did) because you know they are just going to hack at the eponychium thinking it's OK to cut it off. I just wondered if Leighton Denny would have looked over the article as their 'nail expert' or if his input is really just a small 'Expert's Answer' box in the corner of the page.

Look back in some older mags and you will see the Imaginail advertised in it's own right, no sign of LD. He just endorses it.

Some people will endorse anything if it makes them a buck or 2!!

I think he (LD) has made himself look silly now as that is obvious exactly what he is doing.

In my opinion he has lost credibility.

geeg said:
Some people will endorse anything if it makes them a buck or 2!!

I think he (LD) has made himself look silly now as that is obvious exactly what he is doing.

In my opinion he has lost credibility.

100% agree with that!

Fab Freak said:
I read this in the Daily mail the other day and I wondered if it was accurate statement as I’d not read anything in the trade press

“Imaginail is the brainchild of Leighton Denny”

I thought he just endorsed it?

Or am I barking mad :!:

After the article they ran about nail salons damaging your health, based on research that didn't even include any nail techs........ another fine example of the DM not doing their research!

While you're talking about the imaginail....don't want to offend anyone here just want to share my opinion....!!!!!!!!!

I think the imaginail would be the biggest waste ov anyones money. I saw one a few Weeks ago and thought the nail designs looked cheap and tacky when finished. When I asked if it had been popular I was told people liked looking at what it could do but not many customers were having it done! I know its capable ov doing any picture but I really cant imagine any ov my customers wanting crazy designs every appointment on every finger. (MAYBE AT A PUSH FOR A ONE OFF!)
95% ov my customers prepher to have their nails completed without nail art the other 5% like something subtle on one or two fingers with diamanti es, 3d flowers, or flicks and dots. If I was to want to go further with the nail art I may invest in an air gun which with good training will cost hundreds and can then create pictures or special paint on effects. Why spending thousands on a machine which I can't see making any profit from.

People may argue they don't feel artistic enough to create nail art, but I feel if they have the ability to create good nail extentions with a bit ov practice they would b able to create some simple designs. The striper pens and dotting tools are excellent.

The imaginail is such an expense and I just can't see the benefits, a very expensive piece ov furniture!

ALEX said:
While you're talking about the imaginail....don't want to offend anyone here just want to share my opinion....!!!!!!!!!

I think the imaginail would be the biggest waste ov anyones money. I saw one a few Weeks ago and thought the nail designs looked cheap and tacky when finished. When I asked if it had been popular I was told people liked looking at what it could do but not many customers were having it done! I know its capable ov doing any picture but I really cant imagine any ov my customers wanting crazy designs every appointment on every finger. (MAYBE AT A PUSH FOR A ONE OFF!)
95% ov my customers prepher to have their nails completed without nail art the other 5% like something subtle on one or two fingers with diamanti es, 3d flowers, or flicks and dots. If I was to want to go further with the nail art I may invest in an air gun which with good training will cost hundreds and can then create pictures or special paint on effects. Why spending thousands on a machine which I can't see making any profit from.

People may argue they don't feel artistic enough to create nail art, but I feel if they have the ability to create good nail extentions with a bit ov practice they would b able to create some simple designs. The striper pens and dotting tools are excellent.

The imaginail is such an expense and I just can't see the benefits, a very expensive piece ov furniture!

I hope everyone reads this and takes it on board .... I have been singing the same tune for years .... it makes such perfect sense.

ALEX said:

hear hear

ALEX said:

Well said!!!!

Amanda

What next a machine that does enhancements :sad: I think the Imaginail is a total waste of money, And surely as Nail Techs we want to create unique and individual nail art not mass produced designs.
In my opinion LD isn't passionate about nails he's passionate about £££££££££££££££
Jmo

In my opinion LD isn't passionate about nails he's passionate about £££££££££££££££

................I'll agree with that one!!

I totally agree, I have been doing some one to one training this week and an Imaginail machine was in the corner of the room, I was desperate to try it out but didnt have the time. I was told the company had been asked to try it but it wasnt going down well with the staff.

Years ago I saw on the kids news that comes on the BBC this machine in Japan, it was in a shopping centre and had been marketed for kids to use and 'peel off' on Monday for school. I think it works brilliantly for this but I REALLY cannot see this in Harrods!

I agree with you all if you can do good enhancements you can do basic nailart

I love getting compliments about my nail art (ok, so it is with the help of an airbrush and stencils! LOL!).

There is nothing artist or imaginative about sticking your fingers in a machine to do all the work for you.

Latest posts

Back