Infilling on sculpted nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamzin

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am really getting into sculpting now and really enjoying it, I have read the tutorials, but i'm a little unsure about infilling/rebalancing. I know usually you have to file the nail down quite thin before putting product on but this is my problem because my sculpted nails are already thin therefore I cannot file them down too much more. If I put product on top then they are going to get thick, I have tried this already and filed the product down to get the nail thin but ended up filing off all the new product and was back to where I started!!!!

I hope someone understands what i'm trying to say.....any offers of advice appreciated.

Tamzin
--xx--

hello there!!!

if your nails are already thin which is good, you just need to remove enough to be able to bring it back to its original state, so if you are not filing off much you only need to use TINY beads to replace dont go putting on original sized beads as you end up with a thick nail and like you say end up filing loads and eventually file off what you needed!!! i should know the amount of times i replaced my smile lines and then ended up filing it away!!!!!!!!
COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT!!!!!!!!! so remember " tiny balls!!!!!"

i hope that helps you
nikki

nailsbynikki said:
so remember " tiny balls!!!!!"

nikki

Sorry couldn't resist: Like the phrase!!! and it's all true!!

Hiya

Thanks for the advice, feel stupid now as it seems obvious now you say use 'small balls' thanks for the advice again.

Tamzin
--xx--

I find infillin/re-balancing sculpted nails sooooo much easier than tip and overlay nails.

i remember when i first started sculpting, they were like door stops and took ages to do a rebalance as there was so much to file. but each time, my enhancements got thinner and thinner and now you cannot tell the difference between tips or sculpt. i'm not perfect, but getting better

Latest posts

Back