Ingredients in skincare products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am currently training for level 2 beauty and I'm stuck stuck stuck on one piece of my course work and wondered if anyone could please help? I'm getting really stressed after hours of googling has not helped!

I need to identify certain skin care products from just a few of the main ingredients....

These are the products I need to match to the below= Cleansing cream, cleansing milk, neck cream, facial scrub, moisturising milk, moisturising cream, cleansing lotion, eye gel.

W/O emulsion & paraffin wax = ?
O/W emulsion & detergent & oatmeal =?
Mineral oil & 60% water & glycerine = ?
Water & detergent & Hexaclorophine = Cleansing bar?
Mineral oil & 85% water & glycerine & zinc carbonate & calamine = After sun lotion?
Rose water & glycerine & 5% alcohol & azulene = skin bracer/freshener?
W/O emulsion & paraffin wax & water & soap less detergent = ?
Water & glycerine & 30% alcohol & witch hazel = Skin Tonic?
Witch hazel & methyl cellulose (thickening agent) = ?
O/W emulsion & detergent = ?
Mineral oil & 85% water & glycerine = ?
Mineral oil & 60% water & glycerine & collagen = ?

Any help would be really really appreciated!! Thank you xxx

Jeez I can't help but what a faff. So you stress over this and go out into industry and it bears no resemblance to what you did at college.

Very best of luck with it. Do what I used to do and get in early and cheat lol

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Just take it step by step.
It is quite easy if you sit down and think about each ingredient .
Make a list of ingredients and think what are the main benefits of each.
And uses of each and then put those common together and should be able to derive your answers.

It does seem a complete waste of time as it bears no resemblance to the majority of products people use in salon. Who on earth still uses oatmeal in a face scrub?! And many brands don't use mineral oils and alcohol at all. Good job colleges are keeping up with the times!

Phew! So it's not me being thick?!

I could probably have a good stab at it, but it's frustrating that this sort of nonsense is being given priority in colleges when the time could be spent getting students industry ready. It's completely pointless as most of those ingredients haven't been used in professional skincare for decades!! Good luck with it, but I wouldn't be too worried about remembering it, unless you're planning on embarking on a doctorate in the history of beauty and skincare!

It's ok Martin, I've spoke to my teacher and she's told me not to worry and she will go through it with me :) phew!

Latest posts

Back