Intense seal question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loo

Reaction score
Hello there

Still awaiting my clients to come back with the IBD intense seal uv top coat on after trialing it last time for their rebalances top coat seal. One came into today and another one, a friend phoned today to tell me that the clear top coat I painted on after had started to peel off??? Strange does anyone know why? It is a high shine top coat (Seche) that I placed over the intense seal for even more shine etc and to see how polish went onto it. I dont think you can apply the intense uv sealer over polish and also it would take an age to get it off to do the rebalance with polish underneath too. It is strange how the top coat seems fine over the intense seal product but by the next day it has started to peel. :cry: Its really annoying as it looked so nice when they left. The client in today had been on hols and the intense seal has gone quite matt looking and not shiney could this be the suncream? Would love it if anyone has any answers. Thanks

I am not going to use it again till I know why these things are happening.

Hiya Loo

When you were refining your nail before the application of the gel top coat, which file did you use. You should use 240 grit then gel top coat.............if you used a white block or a file with a higher grit the gel would not have enough grip!!!!!! I found this out LOL

Amanda

Sorry to hi-jack your thread a bit, Loo, but does anyone have a list of what gel topcoats CAN be used over polish? I know when you first posted about using the Intense Seal some geeks said they did use it over polish :confused:
I've used PowerSeal and Quattro before... the PowerSeal works well, the Quattro worked OK one time but the next time both it and the polish underneath peeled off.
I also mean a gel topcoat that can be used straight after polish (say, 2 or 3 or 5 minutes later, rather than 24 hours later).
xxx

Lily said:
Hiya Loo

When you were refining your nail before the application of the gel top coat, which file did you use. You should use 240 grit then gel top coat.............if you used a white block or a file with a higher grit the gel would not have enough grip!!!!!! I found this out LOL

Amanda

Thanks Amanda

The actual intense seal is staying put that doesnt peel its just the normal polish top coat that peels off the intense seal coat. I am worried about using polish over it now. :Scared: Anyone have any suggestions or answers on this thanks xx

loo said:
Thanks Amanda

The actual intense seal is staying put that doesnt peel its just the normal polish top coat that peels off the intense seal coat. I am worried about using polish over it now. :Scared: Anyone have any suggestions or answers on this thanks xx

Hmmmmm, dunno about that Loo, sorry:eek:

As far as gel top coats go, i always use Nailorder Power Seal, straight after polishing and staright after nail art, like 2 mins after, i have never ever had it peel off any of my clients and nearly all my clients have it put on after nail art.

Amanda

Do you apply a base coat Loo ?
Because this can help the top coat adhere to the gel better.

This is the exact process I have finished say the permanent French acrylic and havent buffed to a shine but dusted off so clean. Then I apply the intense seal in two thin layers curing each time. This looks fine and doesnt peel but its the normal top coat I place on after which is seche top coat. I cant use a base coat unless clear as it needs to be a clear top coat polish over. I have a client in this morning who had a normal polish colour over then the top coat over the top of the sealer I will see how hers look she is also a friend so they are okay and understand its a new product phew. I have never used over a polish/varnish. I wonder if it is just the particular top coat I am using doesnt like the shiney base of the intense seal perhaps a different one may not peel off. the intense seal doesnt peel though just the top coat after which I prob dont need to put on there but was just trying it.

I always use Thermoshield over all acrylics that have been painted. A lot of places charge and extra £2.50 but I don't charge any more. For two reasons. The first being that it doesn't cost that much in the grand scheme of things and second, my clients come back to me because thay can't believe that their polish stays intact right up until their next-balance, often 3wks.

I simply paint it on as soon as I've done the second coat of polish. I then place one of their hands over the other, pull the desk lamp down over them until it's a few inches away and after about 5 mins, (don't forget to get them to put their thumbs under for a minute at the end) they're all done. Rock hard. My only critism is that after a couple of weeks over a French, it begins to look a bit dull and grey.

I had the same problem at Christmas time. I spent half a day doing hands (mine) FULL of chrissy decos and finished off with the seche top coat. Well My topcoat didn't last me 1 hour! So depressed!

I just figured it had something to do with the seche - Have used other topcoats since without a hassle.

taintz said:
I had the same problem at Christmas time. I spent half a day doing hands (mine) FULL of chrissy decos and finished off with the seche top coat. Well My topcoat didn't last me 1 hour! So depressed!

I just figured it had something to do with the seche - Have used other topcoats since without a hassle.

mmmm its usually fine over just the acrylic but now you have siad that I am not sure it could be the top coat? Did you put it on just over your polish on acrylic or over intense seal or gel?

The salon I worked in only used Seche over natural nails and Thermoshield over acrylics. Hope this helps mate. xxxxxxx

thanks everyone for their replies I am just bumping this up again for some more answers lol who out there uses intense seal over polish? It doesnt work for me so just wondered for those of you that do what do you do. If you paint over the intense seal how does your polish last?

Hi Loo,

I use intense seal over polish and nail art and i have never had any problems. I use it on nearly all of my ladies, and the reason i use it is because i can put it over polish then once its cured the clients can rummage through their bags etc without worrying about spoiling the polish.

bimbogeri said:
Sorry to hi-jack your thread a bit, Loo, but does anyone have a list of what gel topcoats CAN be used over polish? I know when you first posted about using the Intense Seal some geeks said they did use it over polish :confused:
I've used PowerSeal and Quattro before... the PowerSeal works well, the Quattro worked OK one time but the next time both it and the polish underneath peeled off.
I also mean a gel topcoat that can be used straight after polish (say, 2 or 3 or 5 minutes later, rather than 24 hours later).
xxx

I use the Protech Gloss from Pronails - you need to coat the nail with Evergloss first then use the Gloss gel - cure for 2 minutes and you're done. I have used it over free hand nail art and airbrush and my clients come back with it all in tact - its brilliant. Hths

pinkshell_nails said:
Hi Loo,

I use intense seal over polish and nail art and i have never had any problems. I use it on nearly all of my ladies, and the reason i use it is because i can put it over polish then once its cured the clients can rummage through their bags etc without worrying about spoiling the polish.

Oh great glad Ive found someone to ask the questions lol hope you dont mind but when I have tried it over the polish it doesnt seem to cure as well? Wonder what I am doing wrong? Which polishes do you use I use OPI. Have you tried applying polish over the top like a top coat did this peel off the intense seal coat? Not sure of the best way to use it at the mo. Maybe I need to cure it for longer three minutes is this ok? Thanks for your help

loo said:
mmmm its usually fine over just the acrylic but now you have siad that I am not sure it could be the top coat? Did you put it on just over your polish on acrylic or over intense seal or gel?

I had the problem when I used seche over the Gel.
Never anything else so I just assumed the 2 things do't like each other.

taintz said:
I had the problem when I used seche over the Gel.
Never anything else so I just assumed the 2 things do't like each other.

Oops just noticed my terrible spelling in your quote embarassing lol I used be so good at it what happened? lol :o I am glad its not just me experiencing this problem with the seche top coat ontop of the sealer I think I am going to try a different one.

Hi Loo,

The reason i use intense gel is to cut down my time, as it is completely dry and mirror like once cures, so i cant understand why you would want to put a topcoat of polish, either clear or whatever over it? If a client wants a polish what i do is, do all my filing but miss out the buffing to a high shine part with the oil. Then i scrubfresh the nails, you know give them a quick wipe then i either just put the gel straight on, or if they want a colour i polish them then put a coat of gel on, and cure. Once cured the nail will be mega mega shiney, the client will be free to get out her keys, money etc without smudging the polish, so no need to put a shiny topcoat on top. I then feel for any sharp edges, and use the 1200 side of my koala to smooth these then i apply lashings of oil. It works fantastic this way for my, and its not that hard to buff down the gel and polish when you are doing a re-balance.

Michelle xx

pinkshell_nails said:
Hi Loo,

The reason i use intense gel is to cut down my time, as it is completely dry and mirror like once cures, so i cant understand why you would want to put a topcoat of polish, either clear or whatever over it? If a client wants a polish what i do is, do all my filing but miss out the buffing to a high shine part with the oil. Then i scrubfresh the nails, you know give them a quick wipe then i either just put the gel straight on, or if they want a colour i polish them then put a coat of gel on, and cure. Once cured the nail will be mega mega shiney, the client will be free to get out her keys, money etc without smudging the polish, so no need to put a shiny topcoat on top. I then feel for any sharp edges, and use the 1200 side of my koala to smooth these then i apply lashings of oil. It works fantastic this way for my, and its not that hard to buff down the gel and polish when you are doing a re-balance.

Michelle xx

Hi mmm not sure why this hasnt worked for me so far I have tried intense seal over the polish but it seems to almost look like it is not drying properly how long do you cure it for over a polish? When curing on its own its fine but over polish?

Hi Loo,

I would say i cure it for about 4 minutes. I tend to use that 4 minutes to book my clients next appt and to clean my files etc so i am ready for my next lady! Time is of the essence!
Oh, and i use it over opi and creative enamels.

Latest posts

Back