Interview! What to wear?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cw82star

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I have my first interview for a salon job since qualifying, what should I wear? Should I wear my black tunic and trousers?

Yes. Smart and professional x

Hi Geeks, I have my first interview for a salon job since qualifying, what should I wear? Should I wear my black tunic and trousers?

I can honestly say it shouldn't matter, as long as you are well presented. I would probably go in uniform as it looks like you're ready to work!!!

Good luck x

Hair tied up,no jewlry other than studs tunic uniform and smart shoes. And take a folder with all your certifcates in always impresses me and arrive a few min early. Good luck ☺☺☺☺

Congratulations on getting an interview!
I always wear my "best" tunic, trousers, hair up, looking super professional!
Good luck! X

Dress for the job you want. For me its a smart suit or your uniform, my favourite is when people arrive in a suit and bring their uniform with them, it shows they have made no assumptions and are prepared for trade testing. Don't dress like you're going to a night club, no mini skirts or low cut tops this gives the wrong message about your work ethic all together. Casual clothes just look sloppy, like you don't care. Hair should be groomed and tidy with make-up professionally applied. Hands and nails should be impeccable, no long nails if there is a trade test involved, this is real pet hate of mine, short, clean and manicured nails. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Best advice I was ever given is, dress as if you already have the job!
Good luck x

Latest posts

Back