Interviews

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
I have to interview a Therapist at work tomorrow and be a model for her trade tests.
I'm having to do it as the boss is away on holiday. Not a problem,dont mind at all, but he has given me my list of questions to ask her and one is really annoying me.

He doesn't want to hire a therapist that has been working mobile (even though he took me on) and has asked me to ask them (if they are mobile) if they have had any salon experience.
Why? Is my question. In my opinion mobile Therapists work very hard and I think it's a hell of a lot harder than being in a salon with all the products surrounding you. She wont have to manage reception so I just don't get it?
Maybe he thinks they could be lying but then trade tests will show that!

I will ask him why when he comes back. I had better ask the question as it is his wish but just find it a tad patronising?
xxx

hasnt your boss seen a CV from this person? surely he should know a bit about her experience before interviewing her?
x

No hun she has to bring the C.V in with her xxx

Maybe he's worried they might try and take his clients on as mobile clients. Otherwise maybe he is worried about their time keeping. Maybe because he feels that they will not be good at retaining clients as they are no longer doing mobile work. Who knows, definitely ask if you're curious. I'm very surprised that he hasn't seen their CV and isn't interviewing himself. At the end of the day though their qualifications and abilities (which will be clear with the trade test) are what counts. :) I'm mobile so I agree about how much easier it would be having everything set up around you.

I agree with Weezie. He is quite possibly worried about an ex mobile carrying on with mobile clients and 'adding' to their client base. Maybe he has had a bad experience in the past with this.

Certainly ask him when he comes back; post up the answer here - after all that's how we all learn.

Joy xx

It may be due to the fact it may be hard to obtain references etc. Her quality of work may be high but that doesnt go to say she is consistant, great at time keeping and used to working in a salon. I am mobile but also work in a salon to cover for someone and i must say its a completely different way of working. In a way easier due to not having to unload and reload equipment but you still hard when its busy etc. Does this make sense? xx

My advice is respect his views, ask the question in a nice way and give a full and frank evaluation of her work.

That way you know you have treated her in a fair way and given a truthful opinion of her skills. x

Latest posts

Back