Investing in Gelish today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmi_1986

Reaction score
hiya

i'm new to salon geek and was wondering if you could help, i'm investing in some gelish today, can anyone reccommend the best colours to start off with please :)

If you use the search function there are loads of posts and if you join the gelish lovers group you'll see photos of the colours :) My most popular this week is gossip girl, its lovely and summery. Hope that helps. xxx

I'm starting also today :) I'm excited. How manny colours are you starting with, is it a definite you need to put top coat.

Girls!!
Please get down to your nearest Sallys!
Today is VAT free day so you can save yourself a bit of money!
If they dont have your colour instore you can order them in and save money on VAT still xx

I'm starting also today :) I'm excited. How manny colours are you starting with, is it a definite you need to put top coat.

You can get a mini starter kit with everything you need, foundation,top it off etc etc then your free to pick your colours

Top coat is a must!!!

im trained thank you

As well as VAT free, Sally's are doing "buy 3 get a 4th half price" so it's a serious bargain today!

Good Gossip is my absolute fave

I use a lot of Sugar Daddy aswell

I'm sorry guys just I had heard someone in a salon told, I didn't mean to offend anyone

Girls...
Everyone should have training but if they havent then so be it.
No need for rude comments! We are meant to be a friendly community of Beauty Therapists :hug:

Bella's Vampire, Good Gossip, Sweet Chocolate, Oocha Coucha, Mint Icing, My Forbidden Love and Tiger Blossom are my favourites.

For French I use Bashful and Sheek White. Hths

Girls...
Everyone should have training but if they havent then so be it.
No need for rude comments! We are meant to be a friendly community of Beauty Therapists :hug:

I'm going to second this!
Would have given you a 'heart' but don't know how to on iPhone ;-) xx

Im guessing there have been crossed wires, I think Lucys probably meant she was trained in manicure but probably not in Gelish.

Lucys - You dont have to do the Gelish training course unless your Insurance company requires you to do so but I would recommend it, you can pick up so many helpful hint and tips on how to apply Gelish and it will make you feel so much more confident when using the products x

Of course brand training is preferable but it is not always possible. I for one took a 350 hour course in manis, pedis, gel and l&p, so I considor myself basically trained. I would love to do the Gelish course but it is not avaliable anywhere close to where I live. I have watched tutorials, read lots and asked questions when I needed to, but I can't take a course not offered anywhere close to me. I don't know the op's reason for not having done the Gelish course but she may well have a good one and I see no reason to be snippy with her, (and yes some of you were surely snippy, as I find this board can often be to the point I have considered leaving because I am tired of the negative tone).

Kasik I think Chelleconnor & myself were referring more so to this comment!
Personally I would take offence to this, it certainly would get my back up!
I do however agree with everything that you have said regarding training etc!

Kasik this is exactly the comment I meant
There's a way to say things & its not in this manner.
Like I said we are meant to be a friendly community of therapists helping each other out.
I've had comments made on my threads before when someone has been rude & it just makes you not want to post again.
Yes it is advisable that training should be done. And if you have problems with Gelish or any other system the first point anyone will make is to do the training. But a comment like that isn't helpful & isnt relevant at all. Its not a useful comment therefore the should never have been made.
I'm all for Constructive criticism but anything else is uncalled for x

Sweet Chocolate gets a thumbs up from me too, I love it with Twinkle over it as well :)

Back on track ladies please :)
Candy land, there are six colours in this group and I recommend all six, they are lovely bright summer colours and very 'in' this season.
Also something that will produce a good French nail. These are popular for the weddings and proms that are in season.
Fb has a nail harmony uk page, you will see a lot of the work that can be done with regards to nail art and layering.
For anyone new to Gelish, there is a one day intro course that will teach you the correct way to prep nails and the correct way to remove them. It is a different process than nail polish or enhancements so well worth attending. You need to hold a certificate in manicure to attend (or enhancements)
There is another course which covers the nail art, again I'd recommend it. The work is beautiful and customers will pay more for art.
Good luck and say hello on fb x

Just drop it please, people read between the lines strange things as I see.

Colors depend on clients' preferences, so it is hard to say. There is a few threads about favourite colors, google them and choose, you will probably end with a few just sitting on the shelf, but choosing colors is sometimes like choosing lotery numbers. Never know what wins :).
Reds, pinks, orange (candy collection is good idea) plus one or two natural colors.

Latest posts

Back