Is foot flow important?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you. Very best of luck with it all.

Sometimes it simply is a leap of faith. We've had clients come because they think we'll be numptys in the country and then they're amazed that it's a proper salon.

I don't know what you offer treatment wise, but Brazilian waxing has been fab for me as clients will rarely go elsewhere and they like the fact that we're nice and private x

I'm going to try to offer something different although all going well beauty will be offered in the summer. My best friend wants to work for me self employed (I'm a little unsure)

I don't have any foot flow. I work from converted garage in a quiet village. I get a lot of clients who choose to come to me over going to the local town (10 minutes drive away) as I have a driveway and free parking. They also like that there is no waiting around and that it's private and quiet.
Obviously I had to do a lot of leafleting and promotional work to get my name out there. I have a website (which has lots of photos of my room and products), I'm on Google and I'm on social media too.
Now that I've been open a while, I've noticed that some clients travel over 30 minutes to see me - those are mainly through word of mouth and recommendations. The more reviews that I get on my pages, the more clients I get from further a field. x
Hi

I'm in the Neely opened position ...did u notice an improvement with the leafleting as I'm contemplating and also I'm near the town centre so I'm going tstsnd abd hand out leagletd to the public ....

Hi

I'm in the Neely opened position ...did u notice an improvement with the leafleting as I'm contemplating and also I'm near the town centre so I'm going tstsnd abd hand out leagletd to the public ....
If you are in a town centre or public area handing out leaflets you actually need permission from the council (and pay a fee) to do so.

If you are in a town centre or public area handing out leaflets you actually need permission from the council (and pay a fee) to do so.
Really ?...

Really ?...
'Technically' yes. That's the rules with most councils due to littering etc. Of course how well it's enforced etc depends on area to area.

I am based at home although currently in the process of setting up so no clients yet.
Speaking from my own personal view, I would prefer to go somewhere outside of town centres, especially on a weekend or an evening! I would pay more to go somewhere tucked away, somewhere where it's not so busy etc so I can relax and unwind. I love having that bit of peace!
I have been to home salons, high street nail bars and salons and away from town centre salons and I would always choose to go to a home salon where I can feel I am the priority at that moment in time and never feel rushed.
That's just my preference although I'm sure some high street/bigger salons give that experience but I've only found it in home salons :) x
Hi Rachel,

I'm also just setting up, hoping to be up and running in January, have a few friend clients but have not done my leaflet drop yet. Feeling a little anxious as to how its going to go. How are you getting on? xx

Hi

I did a leaflet drop posting through letterboxes , although you have to watch out for those that have signs in their windows or door that say they don't want to receive marketing materials. I must have posted around 200+ leaflets and maybe received 4 or 5 clients from it ...not a lot but still better than nothing. It's word of mouth that really gets you places, so even if leaflets only bring in a couple of clients ...you can then give those clients some leaflets to pass on to their friends. Always make sure you have leaflets and price lists handy in your salon for people to take. A large amount of my clients are from recommendations. x

Latest posts

Back