Is it possible to create your own gel colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Because sometimes coloured gels are not always as true to the colour we actually want, I just wondered how many of you alternate two different colour layers when applying gels to create new colours and if so, how successful they are.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Karen,

Mixing cols is something I do all the time with our gels.

Several of my clients have 'custom made cols'. If they do not see the col they want I mix two or more of differnt cols to get a shade they like . It works very well but I make sure that I make a note of how the col was achieved .If you don't do this when the pot has ended and your client says 'I will have the same col ' you won't know how to mix it !!!!! :sad:

It also works when making a cream red (For example) into a pearl just by adding some of our Frost into the pot . Likewise if you want a bit of glitter you can add some of our Sparkle.

Hope this helps .

Karen
Light Elegance UK

Thanks Karen.

I have heard that you can actually apply two different colour layers directly onto the nail when doing an overlay - does this work too?

Latest posts

Back