Is there such thing as a "discreet tan?"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellbert

Reaction score
I have a lady a spray tan on Monday evening who asked for a discreet tan for her sons wedding tomorrow (Thursday)
Used the sienna X 8% which i thought would give her a light tan.
She has just messaged me now saying she is not happy with it, it's so obvious, people have been asking "if she's had a tan" and it looks orange?
Now Sienna X hardly gives the darkest of colour anyway so I thought it would look fine for her?
I don't really know what to advise ☹️ I have apologised and explained that I chose that strength because she hadn't had one before. What would you do?

How unfortunate. Mabye she should have experienced a spray tan before her son's wedding? You've done all you can in my opinion. 8% is a light tan. I use Sienna X Express tan and I know some people want darker. It's unfair that she's taking it out on you.

I'd advise her that it is one of the lightest shades and a quality solution and I'd only apologise that she feels spray tanning isn't for her.

I asked her to send me a picture as I can't understand why she had all yesterday and today with the tan and has only just messaged me this evening to complain?
She has sent it an hour ago so will have had house lights on, and I do hope she doesn't look like this! So I have asked her to send me a picture tomorrow in a more natural daylight.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1502315657.904672.jpg

I have a lady a spray tan on Monday evening who asked for a discreet tan for her sons wedding tomorrow (Thursday)?

She needs to take some responsibility herself!
If you have a special occcasion coming up such as your son's wedding, surely it makes sense to try out a new look in advance rather than leaving it until the last minute?
She'd hardly buy a new outfit and leave it until the day of the wedding to check it fits ok? :rolleyes:

I asked her to send me a picture as I can't understand why she had all yesterday and today with the tan and has only just messaged me this evening to complain?
She has sent it an hour ago so will have had house lights on, and I do hope she doesn't look like this! So I have asked her to send me a picture tomorrow in a more natural daylight. View attachment 205687

That's surely her lighting making it look like that?! I use sienna x and I find it a very natural colour, and the 8% is hardly ever requested as it's so so light! I even have clients that usually like a really discreet natural tan and go for the 10%, and they still love it. I would be extremely surprised if people were describing the 8% as orange. Did she have particularly dry skin by any chance?

She shouldn't be leaving it til a few days before the wedding she should have had a pre tan test to see what it's like first.

Just can't stand people like this.

We offer a special occasion spray tan package which includes a trial tan a minimum of 2 weeks before the event at a slightly reduced rate so they can make sure the tan suits them, but we do still get clients that leave it to the last minute - which in my opinion is madness on their part if it's for such a special
Occasion, (and particularly in your client's case as she was obviously a bit nervous about having one in the first place!)

The photo she sent doesn't mean much as she could easily have filtered the photo or taken it in a poor lighting - but I wonder what those darker patches are around her neck and on her chest?!

I always try to cover my back with treatments I offer and make sure clients understand they might not get the results they want if they don't follow pre and after care advice.

The photo looks very misleading as the light looks very strange indeed and it also looks like she's got sunburn? Don't feel bad, you've done nothing wrong. I'm a Sienna user and the 8% is such a light subtle tan and NEVER orange that there's simply no way it could have had that effect.

Latest posts

Back