Is using a lamp that can cure two hands at once any quicker?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caz07753

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking at getting a new lamp and was wondering as gel bottle do a 2 handed lamp, would it be any quicker? Does anyone recommend a 2 handed lamp?

Unless you can paint two hands at the same time, I don't see how.

That's what I thought, but you never know some one else always knows something you don't on here :)

Doubt it. I use the CND lamp and its usually just finished curing by the time i get to the last finger on the other hand. The only time i find myself waiting on the lamp to finish is when im finishing thr top coat.

My old cnd Shellac lamp I used to do both my hands at once in (get impatient doing my own) but couldn't imagine doing clients like that could you imagine the nails bumps and knocks! You would be forever repainting!!

The speed at which led lamps cure I do t see how it would make a difference doing someone else's hands, using older UV lamps I could see the advantage though.

The speed at which led lamps cure I do t see how it would make a difference doing someone else's hands, using older UV lamps I could see the advantage though.
Yessssss. We have a few of the older model cnd lamps as well as the newest. Everytime i have to use the old one its unbelievable how much faster the new ones are.

Thanks everyone gone with a magpie one :)

Sorry to change question but there are some colours that I have problems with. Even after shaking them for ages, when applied they seem to shrink away from sides and tips. How do I solve that problem?
Any tips would be appreciated

Sorry to change question but there are some colours that I have problems with. Even after shaking them for ages, when applied they seem to shrink away from sides and tips. How do I solve that problem?
Any tips would be appreciated

Some gels are just prone to shrinking.
Make sure your prep is thorough and your colour coats are super thin. Then try painting 2 nails then flash curing for a few seconds to stop the shrinking. (Of course once all 5 are done, cure the whole hand for the specified time.) x

Prep is primarily the issue in my experience. Specifically, the oils from the nail plate tyoically havent been removed fully. Make sure youre thoroughly cleansing and dehydrating, especially the free edge and lateral fold areas. Also, most gel polishes require all shine to be buffed from the nail plate. If it is too smooth and/or has some shine left thebpolish will shrink away from those spots.

Latest posts

Back