Is what he's asking fair?? (rent)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashastalons

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have been working selfemployed for two months now renting a space in a hairdressers.
Its been going ok but not as busy as id like.
The rent is on a 25% basis, at the moment hes recieving around £100 a week which I think is Pretty fair considering ive bought every bit of my stuff and have brought him business into the hairdressers.

Anywaybyesterday he took me for a drink and was asking me how i was getting on and that whether id be able to pay a fixed rate of £100 a week which could be impossible some weeks! or to pay him 30% of what I make which would make me even worse off! I told him id be much better off going mobile and if we could stick to 25% until after christmas and have another review.
I work tues - sat most of the time fulltime.

Please tell me what you all think do you think 25% is fair enough?

Thanks Tasha:confused:

What do you get included in your rent? Do you get exclusive rent of a beauty room? Reception facilities? Advertising? Use of phone etc? :hug:

i think that 25 % is fair ..if it was hair station id ask more..

but in your case this is what id ask for....
if he wanted a fixed rent it would have been better if he did that from the beginning or discussed with you that after x amount of time it would change over to a fixed rent or higher percentage.

what does he provide you with?

I worked in a salon self employed and had to give 50% to my employer, but she did provide all the products and equipment, just had to provide my own scissors. I never made much money though and now work mobile and am alot better off. HTH. x

Personally i think 25% is enough.

I have the same set-up. I rent a room in a hairdressers, where i buy all my stuff and advertise for myself. We all answer the phone and help eachother out that way as they don't have a receptionist.

I pay £70 p/w which includes water, electricity, etc.

Offer him £80 a week all in and go up to £100 if you think it's worth it.

I'd never work on a % as that harder you work, the more you pay. Yes, you have to pay when you're not there but you can't have it all ways. xxx

I work in a salon 2 days a week as a beauty therapist and pay 25% off what i earn but if i earn nothing i pay nothing which i think is fair. i supply my own stock and some equipment. we share phone and cleaning duties as there is not a receptionist. i think this is fair! xx

I think 25% is fair. How 'bout suggesting you pay 25% up to $100/weekly. That way if you MAKE more, you don't have to PAY more. HTH! :)

Latest posts

Back