It's still taking me 2.5 hours to do one set!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't got a clue what sculpting is, but I would be interested to learn more.

it look me 3 hours almost to do infills today. This is because I had to soak 3 nails off whcih took over 1 hour to come off. I couldn't work on the other hand so it was sit there and chat time (had finished the other hand).

My nails are getting better, gradually and it is nice to see an improvement!

Thanks everyone for your replies!!

Can I ask what system you are trained in? I am surprised that you have NEVER heard of sculptured nails and that you had to soak nails off to do a rebalance...why????? Sorry to sound abrupt but you have obviously been on the site a lot and there have been loads of threads that should have answered this for you in the past.....try the search engine for sculptured nails and also for rebalancing, good luck!

i've been doing nails for 5 years and it takes me about 1.5 - 2 hrs for a full set. i see where it is important to do a good job, but there comes a point when speed DOES matter. my salon charges $50 for a full set, and $50 for a spa pedicure. why do a full set in 2hrs when i can do 2 spa pedicures? and unless your clients have nothing better to do, they DO care about sitting for so long. especially since most clients have usually had their nails done at a discount shop in 45mins to an hour ( pink AND white ). it's very frustrating, and i'm like you....when will i get faster!?

hang in there, and don't give up. maybe one day we'll get it! ;)

michael

Hi Fiona

I'm trained with Star Nails who never mentioned sculpted nails. Haven't investigated it purely as I am new to nails and just concentrating on L & P. To be honest I didn't even know there was a link to L & P, thought sculpted nails was a different system like gel for example.

Soaked off the two nails as they had green discolouration quite badly underneath, also some of the dehydrator liquid has gone underneath and I thought it may be best to soak them off to prevent further discolouration or a fungal infection. I could have filed it down but I was worried in case of a fungal infection. Plus the lifting was quite high up near the tip.

I am still learning and do read lots of threads, tutorials etc I could do with more training in lifting and how to fix it. I am going to go over to CND in April next year when I have been qualified for one year.

In the meantime I will call Star for some more advice.

Thanks Michael I think you get my point exactly! Although I am new to nails I know other areas I work in are much more profitable and would like to be as quick in nails as I am other areas!

It is frustrating but I suppose part of the learning process.

Ive been doin nails part time for over 4 years and It still takes me 2 hours a set but on a good day I can do then in an hour and a half.

I put it down to not ever working in a salon full time.

Latest posts

Back