Joint hypermobility syndrome

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went to body balance last night!
was terrified all the bending would hurt my knees but it didnt, wrist got a little sore during one exercise but other than that it was fab! i feel all my muscles aching which is a good sign its working them all, hopefully in a couple of weeks i will have more muscle to support my joints more

I was only diagnosed as hyper mobile last year at 33. I've never broken a bone, just ligaments, muscles and that kind of damage. I scored 9 out of 9 on the Beighton scale, but the doctor didn't seem bothered. I'm always in some kind of pain and being a mobile hairdresser is making it so much worse.

I was only diagnosed as hyper mobile last year at 33. I've never broken a bone, just ligaments, muscles and that kind of damage. I scored 9 out of 9 on the Beighton scale, but the doctor didn't seem bothered. I'm always in some kind of pain and being a mobile hairdresser is making it so much worse.

im a 7/9 cant bend my elbows, havent had any real damage apart from the ankle sprain
just aching joints and clicky bones

I might have to give body balance a go, it's supposed to be good and a bit gentler on your body.x

I've suffered since I was born. I am very active and it helps. However I was in a horrific accident in 2009 which set me back.

I have splints made for my wrists and ankles for exercise. They are a god send. I practise yoga religious, run and also cycle. I'm at a high grade marking so it is possible!

For the house, I was also assessed and given chairs and little gadgets that help.

I have daily medicine and also lots of vitamins and organic juices. It also affects my mind a lot as I can't wear high heels and I don't feel dressed without heels but after therapy I came to the conclusion that it's either flats or surgery. I've been told I need my hips replaced in 5 years and also my ankles. But I am working on them myself with physiotherapy.

There are some really good charity and organisations out there! If you're lucky there may be a support group close to you.

Hypermobility syndrome is often a genetic thing.
It's usually to do with a defect in the production of connective tissue. This makes ligaments lax (allowing us to be flexible), it can lead to us being weak, having digestive problems (IBS is common amongst bendies!) and even circulation problems (there's something called POTS a lot suffer with).

There's a charity called HMSA (Hypermobility Syndrome Association) who have an online forum if you're looking for support. The also have local groups you can join to meet other bendies in person once a month. X

I swear by that associations. They're a god send.

Also HMS is proven to be genetic. 1/5 chance of passing to males with a 4/5 chance of passing to females. I'm currently being investigated as I am wanting to start a family soon and I honestly wouldn't like my daughter to have what I have as it seems to get worse down the line.

I have a different condition that means I can't wear heels, so sad when at nice events but you can get some lovely flats. I got some gorgeous flat sparkely louboutins so I still have a pair of special shoes. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Me too. But I'm already short! I'm a perm a shortie! I adore heels and I guess it's more of that I want what I can't have! So like you I invest in flats x

Me too. But I'm already short! I'm a perm a shortie! I adore heels and I guess it's more of that I want what I can't have! So like you I invest in flats x

Me too, I got stupid short stumpy legs lol I miss my heels and physio says I will prob never walk in them again but im gonna prove her wrong.

Nikki May you sound just like me!!! I'm go to my appointments to win! Lol

I some gorgeous own heels. I often put them on and sit on the sofa hahah

Nikki May you sound just like me!!! I'm go to my appointments to win! Lol

I some gorgeous own heels. I often put them on and sit on the sofa hahah

Lol I do that too. I was such a shoe queen. I have moved onto handbags temporarily

I have pairs of heels that just sit and look at me from a shelf...

I used to be weirdly good at walking in high heels! I always had strong feet and tummy from keeping active as a child all way to adulthood with only the odd trouble, mainly with my hips (occasionally with my knees and wrists - only one trip to A&E for something they couldn't explain/ignored). Then over the last couple years I've been getting worse and become completely weak and lost my heel wearing super power... Working my way back to those beautiful shoes day by day though with my slightly pathetic looking physio exercises. I'm determined! And with a 6'8" fella I NEED to wear these pretty shoes!! Xx

We will get back in those heels ladies. X

My goal. Minus the unattractive ankle supports! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399159898.282000.jpg

My goal. Minus the unattractive ankle supports! View attachment 64047

They are soooo gorgeous. Im trying to ditch my ankle brace. Im lucky it's silicone and skin coloured, they even offered to tattoo it but it's still ugly.

Does anyone else feel tired all the time, like you could just nap at any point? Or is that just me lol x

Does anyone else feel tired all the time, like you could just nap at any point? Or is that just me lol x

Yeah vitamins help a lot. I always take them. Your diet and exercise is very important for your joints. Have a look at hmsa charity. extremely good tips on combating tiredness.

Thanks going to do that now x

Latest posts

Back