Just a few questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I have tried to do a search on the following topics but was unable to find exactly what I needed. If they have already been covered, I apologize.

Anyhoo, I was just having a think and wandered how many of you worked over other tech's work, especially if the client has come to you from an NSS. As we know some of these salons don't do half the things they should and so I was a bit worried that by me overlaying on top of any shoddy work (and these problems are not always visable immediately) that this may cause serious problems further on down the line. Which I would undoubtedly get the blame for.
I was also wandering if you charged these new clients for the removal of the the enhancemnts or if you removed them at a reduced rate as they would probably (depending on the state of the natural nails after removal) be wanting a new set.

Ok, now on to my next subject. A client comes in for a new set of enhancements but her cuticles "stressed". Really what she needs is a manicure but am I able to do this before the enhancements or should I do the manicure and have the client come back the next day? I can see why the latter option would be highly annoying for the client.
Would be ok to do the manicure on the same day if I use my nail dehydrater with a little brush to remove all traces of any other product?

I think thats it for now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. xx

I will work over anyone Else's work provided the client signs a form saying that there is no guarantee as to colour or performance as it is following another technicians work (or lack of it). This is always on my client record cards just in case.

You can manicure before enhancements but no soaking!! Basically, prep is a manicure without the soak isn't it?

i did a infill on a hairdressers nails which were nss. boy what a mistake. she was a nightmare.

i advised her to keep them on even though they were thick and bulbous as i could do something with that but could see the nail damage through the enhancement. ive only just taken more clients on as the kids have been in hospital and im not on top form (have a thyroid problem) but she persistant and me being me said ok !!!! but was sure to adivse that they would have a different colour and i could not be responsible for them. she was happy with that so we went full steam ahead.

4 hours later ------- infills complete and looked good a lot more natural and thinner which was what we were aiming for. anyway she wanted airbrushed french !!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!! yes airbrushed french . i tried to advise that it may be easier to have a solid colour to take away the fact they were slighlt 2 tone due to the nss nails. she was having none of it so airbrushed french we went for. she was over the moon, estatic and pleased they were so wonderful. good i thought. she even booked for her next appointment. great stuff

WRONG 10 days later a text yes a text saying she was not pleased with them and cancelled her next appointment. wow did i feel crap. i kept thinking was it something that i had done to her nails but none of my regulars have problems. they only thing i can think of that as a hairdresser its to do with the chemicals that they use. i remember something from training that l&p is not really suitable for them due to this and this is why many hairdressers go to the nss as they stay on.

i did mention to her that i would not of done anything different and offered her the chance of sorting them out but she was going to go elsewhere as she thought i was a little to expensive ( i charged her £20 as had a £5 off promo and £3 for airbrushing 1 colour) i thought i should of charged more due to the amount of time i was there a normal rebalance is approx 90 mins and i was there a lot longer. well she is going elsewhere and i can not do nothing about that but advised her not to have them soaked off as some of the nail damage was so red and that was over thick l&p so i dread to think what it was like underneath.

i would think twice when offering to rebalance a nss set again but then the next set may not be as bad. each set of nails is different to the next.

geeg said:
I will work over anyone Else's work provided the client signs a form saying that there is no guarantee as to colour or performance as it is following another technicians work (or lack of it). This is always on my client record cards just in case.

Can someone please help me on the wording of this. I'm rubbish at this sort of thing.xx

there is a a disclaimer on most nail record cards that you purchase or else do a search on here for disclaimer and you will find laods of informationa nd help with downloads you can find.
HTH

Hi Gigi,
If you work over other techs work...do you mean..all systems or just gel.
Or only if you are sure what tech did the work..or what products were used.
You carn't mix acrylics..or ..have i missed something.
very confused jenny x

jenny mosley said:
Hi Gigi,
If you work over other techs work...do you mean..all systems or just gel.
Or only if you are sure what tech did the work..or what products were used.
You carn't mix acrylics..or ..have i missed something.
very confused jenny x

jenny, its fine to use a different brand over existing acrylic l/p . it is cured product and will not interact with the new stuff. what you must not do is mix one brand of liquid with another of powder.

hanydanialis said:
i did a infill on a hairdressers nails which were nss. boy what a mistake. she was a nightmare.

i advised her to keep them on even though they were thick and bulbous as i could do something with that but could see the nail damage through the enhancement. ive only just taken more clients on as the kids have been in hospital and im not on top form (have a thyroid problem) but she persistant and me being me said ok !!!! but was sure to adivse that they would have a different colour and i could not be responsible for them. she was happy with that so we went full steam ahead.

4 hours later ------- infills complete and looked good a lot more natural and thinner which was what we were aiming for. anyway she wanted airbrushed french !!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!! yes airbrushed french . i tried to advise that it may be easier to have a solid colour to take away the fact they were slighlt 2 tone due to the nss nails. she was having none of it so airbrushed french we went for. she was over the moon, estatic and pleased they were so wonderful. good i thought. she even booked for her next appointment. great stuff

WRONG 10 days later a text yes a text saying she was not pleased with them and cancelled her next appointment. wow did i feel crap. i kept thinking was it something that i had done to her nails but none of my regulars have problems. they only thing i can think of that as a hairdresser its to do with the chemicals that they use. i remember something from training that l&p is not really suitable for them due to this and this is why many hairdressers go to the nss as they stay on.

i did mention to her that i would not of done anything different and offered her the chance of sorting them out but she was going to go elsewhere as she thought i was a little to expensive ( i charged her £20 as had a £5 off promo and £3 for airbrushing 1 colour) i thought i should of charged more due to the amount of time i was there a normal rebalance is approx 90 mins and i was there a lot longer. well she is going elsewhere and i can not do nothing about that but advised her not to have them soaked off as some of the nail damage was so red and that was over thick l&p so i dread to think what it was like underneath.

i would think twice when offering to rebalance a nss set again but then the next set may not be as bad. each set of nails is different to the next.

cheeky mare, i wonder what she would charge for a 4 hour 1 to 1 hair do. a lot more than 23 quid i'm sure.

Bazillions of hairdressers wear enhancements all the time with no problems whatsoever ... including mine (whose nails I do). Shes been wearing them for 5 years and never has a problem with chemicals or water but she does use Solar Oil Religiously.

Latest posts

Back