just curious how old you geeks are...!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what's the average geeky age?

• under 20

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • in your 20's

Votes: 336 39.7%
  • in your 30's

Votes: 352 41.6%
  • in your 40's

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • in your 50's

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • over 60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh no I'm over a year older than when I first posted in this thread!!!!!!! :eek:

Im 26, been doing nails since i left school. the best desicion i eva made was to train in nails and beauty, though i didnt realise it at the time.:lol:

Older than dirt but ,still learning, still living and still loving life, lots more good years to go!

Out of the cosmetology industry for over 10 years and returned to school for nail tech course last summer............just 1 month before my 50th and one year after becoming a grandma!!!!

It didn't hurt half as much as I thought it would!!!:green:

we only have 2 choices, get older or die..................

Well that has totally depressed me. AT 53 I AM THE OLDEST ONE ! Trouble is I just done think like a 53 year old, or even feel like I am anywhere near that age.......must be being married to a toy-boy.... he keeps me young !

Was 50 when I first trained as a Tech and all the girls in the class were young 20-30 somethings. We have all kept in touch and it turns out I am the only one who is still doing nails.......odd eh. Can't keep us old uns, down.
Sorry to say this but you are NOT the oldest one....I can vouch for that!!!:eek: I was older than you are now when I started to train as a nail technician.

Started late, I'm 34.

Teri x:)

im 39 ,starting a nail course on the 4th of october ,thought i was to old to start . so glad and reasured to see a lot off ladies doing this so later on,thought i would be he oldest on my course , im the same as some of you ladies out there, dont feel my age, must be my toyboy aswell ,hes 7 years younger ,keeps you on your toes.

Hi All,

Am still a baby just like Alysha iam just 18 not 19 until the 2nd of January. But i supose there are some good things about being older i.e more respect of of clients some people just look at me sometimes like iam a stupid wee girl:cry:

I am 40 in December and dont feel a day over 18,body does though.LOL:eek:

well i`m 37 my daughter is 15 soon to be sweet 16 and keeps me feeling young its when my two step grandsons shout nan! i feel old then.....lol
having said all that i really only feel about 25!!!!!:lol:

i feel so much better knowing there are a few more "mature" geeks out there:) i have only just started training and i`m going to meet the big 40 in dec
i have had moments when i`ve thought i`m to old, you know old dog new tricks lol, but knowing it can be done and done successfully has made me feel heaps better:) it felt good though to vote and still be able to tick 30`s (just) my hubby is 9 and a bit yrs younger than me:green: which helps and i have a soon to be 21 yr old, a 12 yr old and a 2 yr old lol, was i mad or stupid not sure:!: given my lifestyle most of my friends are younger between 3 and 17 years younger, being slightly older has its advantages as i find people just assume you`ve been doing it a while and seem to have more confidence in you and value your opinion. great thread.
karen x

hi i'm 37. started doing nails late in life ( always wanted to but waited for the kids to be a bit more independant before I trained).:lol:

I'm 27, I feel old sometimes!! compared to some of the peeps that I encounter when I'm working

22 going on 35. lol

i am 26 but i still feel like i am 18

Hi

Its not just you younger ones who love nails. I qualified days before my 50th birthday, and pushing like crazey to get a mobile business going. I just love doing things later in life, had my children at 40. I just dont feel that old.:)

I'm 35 turning 36 this August! Where did the time go???!!

im kinda surprised how many of us are in our 20s!

Latest posts

Back