Just qualified in acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chanmm89

Reaction score
Hey girls,

Iv just qualified in acrylic nails and have just done my 7th set of nails (not charging yet until I know they are as perfect as ever) . The one thing I'm struggling on is getting the correct amount of acrylic on the nail and also keeping it off the cuticles as I'm so worried they will come back in a couple of days and say they are lifting !!! Could anyone advise me on the best tips to buy, rounded and square. I just bought some backs of the edge from eBay while I have been practising so I want to buy the best nails for when I start charging in a couple of weeks. I find the tips that I need to blend take way too much time too. It's taking me just over 2 hours to finish a set !!! Here are some pics of sets Iv done so far , I qualified 2 weeks ago and have done 7 sets so far , any advice would be fab xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405457928.245192.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405457948.868215.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405457958.702057.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405457969.040177.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405457978.544685.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405457987.758675.jpg

They look good, just need extra time with filing round the walls & tips but its all practice. I finished in April and find every time I do a new set I learn and grow from it.

I hate the blending part with the file...ugh.....Did you learn how to blend tips using acetone at college? Its quicker, but you have to be so careful not to melt the tip away lol! And I think 2 hours is good, I have had my nails done lots of times in salons and its always took about 2 ish hours.
I take about 2 hrs 15, but that's with gel polish over the top.

Keep on with it, its an art :biggrin:

Who did you train with?

Hi try using well less tips nail harmony sell them! I use them l love them no blending required and have a perfect deep c curve in them! X

Thanks chic nails il keep that in mind :) yeah I learn something each time I do a set of nails that will better the next set :)

I trained with la belle academy in Newcastle

Xxx

Hi try using well less tips nail harmony sell them! I use them l love them no blending required and have a perfect deep c curve in them! X

Oooo thanks hunnie il have a look for them :) I just finished doing my 8th set of nails, so glad she liked them :)

Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405521359.631207.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405521368.356373.jpg

Latest posts

Back