Just rented a room for spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Hi guys

I havent posted for a while and have been doing my spray tans mobile (i work part time through the day). I have been doing really well since I started back in May doing anywhere from 2-10 tans a week on a mobile basis.

A new salon just opened up and I have approached her to see if she would allow me to rent a room from her. She seemed really pleased with this. I only do spray tanning (although I think she would have liked me to offer more beauty) and I am going to offer appointments daily after 2pm and all day on Friday and Saturday.

I use Nouvatan at the minute and I love it. I feel very confident in my product, that it wont turn anyone orange, that it is lovely and light to fade, I seem to have it to a fine art. I also offer LA Disco for those who want a really really dark tan or a browner tan.

Do you think it is better to give a fixed amount each week/month or a percentage of each tan? I decided to go for a percentage of each tan as if there are weeks when i dont get any tans i will be out of pocket, but this also means that I am not sure what to do if I want to do any special offers. We agreed with a price of £15 for each tan but what if I wanted to do 2 for £25? I am not sure how it will work or how busy it will get as the shop has only been open for a week.

my current insurance is salon gold. will i need to change this if i am salon based? (I think i might still do spray tan parties of more than 4 people on a mobile basis).

I am debating on whether to offer a well known spray tan company. Althoguh I love my Nouvatan and have got lots of repeat clients who also love it, the man on the street does not really know who Nouvatan is (yet!) Should I offer one of the other well known brands (fake bake or St Tropez or Sienna X, I dont know what people have heard of) to get people in the door (then convert them through consultation lol). Any other suggestions you can think of?

Latest posts

Back