Keeping a private life in the age of social media

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

courtjb91

Reaction score
Hi geeks

What do you do when your clients start to follow you ect on your personal social media pages.

I've been in the business for over 4 years now and have gained lots or regular and loyal clients. We're friendly but I don't want to be friends.

Do you accept when they add you on your personal page?

I accepted a few then the messages started going through my personal page rather than my business page and not only that I feel like I now need to screen what is posted by friends and family on my accounts.

This week I had the awkwardness of a client saying I hadn't accepted her friend request yet

X

Just have a business page. :cool:

I have very few clients that are on my personal fb page, because we have other things and friends in common, and I keep it personal so no info is available to a non friend. To rest of the people who have invited me I just reply that I don't use my private one, just business one so that's why I haven't accepted any requests. :)

I have a personal and business page. Some clients I'm friendlier with and are on my personal page. Every now and then I post a reminder to only contact my business page for appointments.
I use an out of hours message when I'm not working so if I get one to my personal page I don't read it until I'm back at work. They usually realise and apologise for sending it to the wrong account.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back