KFC question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to harvester about 2 years ago and got half a spitroast chicken I moved it to the otherside of my plate and a dead chick fell out the underside of the chicken :Scared: it had eyes a Lil beak wings the lot but no feathers I was mortified it made me sick

That's vile! I would have screamed the place down to cause a massive stink and make everyone eating there walk out. And if they didn't? I'd ask them if they knew what was in their food. That's not poor sourcing as much as poor prep and care from the chefs. The blame lies in a few places for that xoxo

The mutant chickens thing is a myth. The following, however, is not:

Can you guess what McDonald's food item this is????? (see picture below) Say hello to mechanically seperated chicken. It's what all fast-food chicken items are made of. It's chicken nuggets, patties, and the meat in fajitas... In addition the processed frozen ...chicken in stores is made from this.. Basiclly the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve... bones, eyes, feet, guts and all. It comes out looking like this... There is more, because it's crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, and soaked in it.. Then because it taste gross it is reflavored artificially. Finally since it is weirdly colored like 'Pepto Bismol' pink, it is dyed with artificial color.. This is what people eat and feed to their children... Enjoy !!!See more

This applies to KFC, McDonalds, and pretty much most processed chicken you buy. The horse meat issue has made people look more now at what's going into their food and that's good, but I'm sure people will be shocked by what they are eating. Even when a food is labelled "100% chicken breast" you need to scrutinise it, because it doesn't necessarily mean 100% boneless breast meat, so it doesn't automatically mean you're not eating processed meat.

The KFC Mutant Chicken information is complete rubbish and so is this above post about mechanically separated chicken. Mechanically separated chicken does exist and is used in lots of cheap meat products as a type of filler to keep costs low , but it is not produced as described above.

There can be animal health implications for intensively reared poultry (pigs too), when they are not cared for properly, but more often than not the farmers work hard to keep the health of their animals tip top....after all the animals are their livelyhood.

Too much sensationalism on these subjects just unescessarily scares people. As for searching for watching slaughterhouse practices online....I find it all a bit sick, who wants to watch an animal suffer intentionally? Makes that person no better than the person who inflicts the suffering on the animal in the first instance.:sad:

I though places like McDonalds advertised the use of 100% chicken breast meat??

That's vile! I would have screamed the place down to cause a massive stink and make everyone eating there walk out. And if they didn't? I'd ask them if they knew what was in their food. That's not poor sourcing as much as poor prep and care from the chefs. The blame lies in a few places for that xoxo

Trust me I did the couple sitting next to us on another table were in uproar and her husband was heaving and wretching lol everyone else around us left there food I told the manager that I was not paying for any of our food and if he didn't agree I would go round to Everybodys table and show them the chick.we didn't have to pay and everyone else sitting around us didn't pay for there meal either lol.

It was the worst experience of eating out I have ever had.xxx

It's the consumers fault all this is happening about horse meat etc.. All this "buy a pack of burgers for £2" "buy one get one free" business is because we want cheap meat. And now we're getting it! You get what you pay for. My husband is a butcher, there's no way you can buy good quality meat at these silly low prices. I know it's fraud but seriously, why would anyone buy this kind of food and expect it to be decent?! Good labelling is bad in this country.. Your best bet is to buy from your local butcher and stear clear of processed anything.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I tend to agree with you on this, consumers have kind of got what they wanted, however not all butchers are honest either and there are plenty of dubious sources from which a butcher can buy his product if they they wanted to. Saying that your best bet is to buy form your local butcher for quality well cared for meat:biggrin:

I though places like McDonalds advertised the use of 100% chicken breast meat??

If they do (I Don't eat Macdonalds so i couldn't tell you) then they do use 100% Breastmeat.

Legally if this is what they advertise they have to do it, and it will all be checked and audited by suppliers, manufacturers and independant third party technical teams.

Our food supply chain in the UK is very safe and very well organised

It's the consumers fault all this is happening about horse meat etc.. All this "buy a pack of burgers for £2" "buy one get one free" business is because we want cheap meat. And now we're getting it! You get what you pay for. My husband is a butcher, there's no way you can buy good quality meat at these silly low prices. I know it's fraud but seriously, why would anyone buy this kind of food and expect it to be decent?! Good labelling is bad in this country.. Your best bet is to buy from your local butcher and stear clear of processed anything.

Agreed. I only eat chicken, and rarely allow other meat in the house, but when it does I go and buy it personally for the family so I know it's from a quality butchers. When we have a BBQ if people ask if I want them to bring some burgers I tell them no, not that I wouldn't mind them covering the cost but I wouldn't have boxed ones in the house. Instead I go to the butchers, get some good bits of cows (I don't know what I actually buy, I never learned as I don't eat meat) and have it put through a mincer infront of me, then my mum makes the mince into burgers. Some with mint picked straight from the garden and some with curry powder. We know 100% what went in it.

I also love chicken paste, but it does scare me what's in it so I make my own and you get more for your money.
Oven roast chicken breast, put it in a blender, add a spoon or 2 of mayo, a sprinkle of black pepper and blend some more. Try it, you will agree its the best you ever had and again, you know exactly what's in it, that its fresh and has no chemicals to kill off bacteria or extend its life.
Xoxo

True! That's exactly what I thought. To be honest I thought all processed meat contained lots of different meats and body parts. If you we're eating processes meat in the first place them why would you be up in arms about horse meat, you will eat everything else?

Why is watching slaughter house videos sick!? It's just reality of what goes on, after I watched them I went to my local butchers and asked about it and they explained how far their animals travelled and how they sourced their meats. The videos were made bye PETA who are a vegan society showing practices in SOME slaughter houses in the uk. I e lived in the country all my life and been around farming and farmers all my life too so I know that the farmers lives are their animals and live stock. I am not anti meat but I think it's good to know what goes on. I still eat meat from my butchers as they reassured me and it tastes amazing and I would rather that than tasteless crap from a supermarket any day.

I dot eat scampi anymore after finding some sort of scale or part of shell in it, from Birdseye.
My aunt found half a mouse looking at her in a tin of prince's peas once too. Xoxo

My mum found a mouse in fish from the fish counter!

Definitely! You buy cheap you get cheap, why people would feed that rubbish to their kids is beyond me, and if you can't afford proper meat don't buy any meat!

If you can't watch slaughter house videos then in my opinion you shouldn't eat meat.
I think it's important to know exactly how your food was "produced" from birth to plate. PETA-if slaughterhouses had glass walls, is a good one to watch.
If it doesn't put you off meat tgen eat it to your hearts content. I've been veggie since 2nd week of Jan and am loving it. My skin looks amazing! I'm no longer "bunged up" and I used to get a mucusy throat which is caused by dairy but no more :)

True! That's exactly what I thought. To be honest I thought all processed meat contained lots of different meats and body parts. If you we're eating processes meat in the first place them why would you be up in arms about horse meat, you will eat everything else?

For everyones consideration
The reasons you should be up in arms about horse meat passed off as beef:

1) it's illegal
2) you may like to do some research about the drugs horses are regularly and very frequently prescribed and why precisely they should not be in the food chain e.g. Phenlybutezone, Danilon, Finadyne just for starters.
3) horse owners and vets sign a horses passport to prevent them entering the food chain if they have ever had any of the above drugs (and others not mentioned)
4) horses have been exported on fake passports and ID chips for the above reasons - some are pets and have been stolen from their owners
5) horses have the most horrendous experiences when being exported for meat
6) cows and other farm animals are traceable from birth to slaughter and beyond and farmers must comply with very strict rules and regulations
7) the reason horse meat has found its way into the food chain is to line the pockets of greedy individuals with no morals or ethics.

I think I will stop at that.

Why is watching slaughter house videos sick!? It's just reality of what goes on, after I watched them I went to my local butchers and asked about it and they explained how far their animals travelled and how they sourced their meats. The videos were made bye PETA who are a vegan society showing practices in SOME slaughter houses in the uk. I e lived in the country all my life and been around farming and farmers all my life too so I know that the farmers lives are their animals and live stock. I am not anti meat but I think it's good to know what goes on. I still eat meat from my butchers as they reassured me and it tastes amazing and I would rather that than tasteless crap from a supermarket any day.

Watching a slaughterhouse video online after searching with the specific term 'cruelty' in my opinion is sick. It infers that you purposely intend to view and animal suffering. Reading about it should give one the idea of mispractice without having to view it on some grainy old piece of poor quality footage, unless of course you are a member of a recognised authority in a position to halt such practices and bring those responsible to justice.

For everyones consideration
The reasons you should be up in arms about horse meat passed off as beef:

1) it's illegal
2) you may like to do some research about the drugs horses are regularly and very frequently prescribed and why precisely they should not be in the food chain e.g. Phenlybutezone, Danilon, Finadyne just for starters.
3) horse owners and vets sign a horses passport to prevent them entering the food chain if they have ever had any of the above drugs (and others not mentioned)
4) horses have been exported on fake passports and ID chips for the above reasons - some are pets and have been stolen from their owners
5) horses have the most horrendous experiences when being exported for meat
6) cows and other farm animals are traceable from birth to slaughter and beyond and farmers must comply with very strict rules and regulations
7) the reason horse meat has found its way into the food chain is to line the pockets of greedy individuals with no morals or ethics.

I think I will stop at that.

Very well said, I agree. Horse meat in the human food chain in the UK is a clear indication that something somewhere has gone very wrong and suggests that other meats unfit for human consumption may have also entered the food chain. Very worrying, I hope those responsible are bought to justice.

Watching a slaughterhouse video online after searching with the specific term 'cruelty' in my opinion is sick. It infers that you purposely intend to view and animal suffering. Reading about it should give one the idea of mispractice without having to view it on some grainy old piece of poor quality footage, unless of course you are a member of a recognised authority in a position to halt such practices and bring those responsible to justice.

I agree. And PETA members going to film it?!? I'm not a PETA person, but if I saw the cruelty myself, that slaughter house wouldn't exist as I know I wouldn't be able to control my emotions as would probably burn the place down.
I really do doubt PETA got the footage them self. Xoxo

PETA will send undercover workers in the much the same way as shows like Panorama do. They can't stop it happening but if they expose it, it is hoped that the people with the power will do something about it.

I think some of you have got the complete wrong end if the stick here. The undercover filming of slaughter videos are not some sick person posting up on line for funthey are under cover reports like panorama did on the care home that was abusing children and plenty of people watched that for awareness. Although animal cruelty and child abuse are separate issues the consePt of the videos are the same exposing! so I guess I had better not watch the rspca awareness adverts ether then as I would be sick for that too? The videos I'm taking about are about ill treatment if animals I'm the food chain, not about the actual slaughter process.

The KFC Mutant Chicken information is complete rubbish and so is this above post about mechanically separated chicken. Mechanically separated chicken does exist and is used in lots of cheap meat products as a type of filler to keep costs low , but it is not produced as described above.

There can be animal health implications for intensively reared poultry (pigs too), when they are not cared for properly, but more often than not the farmers work hard to keep the health of their animals tip top....after all the animals are their livelyhood.

Too much sensationalism on these subjects just unescessarily scares people. As for searching for watching slaughterhouse practices online....I find it all a bit sick, who wants to watch an animal suffer intentionally? Makes that person no better than the person who inflicts the suffering on the animal in the first instance.:sad:

I'm not one for sensationalism myself but there is nothing "rubbish" about the process I have described for mechanically separated chicken. Anyone foolish enough to believe that these sorts of practices dont happen is very gullible in my opinion, you only have to look at the horse meat scandal to see that what manufacturers tell you and what goes on behind closed doors are 2 very different things.

I disagree that the horsemeat scandal is the consumers fault for demanding low cost meat, it's not the consumers fault at all!! The fault lies firmly with the supermarkets, they put so much pressure on their suppliers to deliver at the lowest costs, and they dont really care a hoot for the quality of the produce as long as it's cheap, so suppliers have turned to less than acceptable practices to keep their costs low and avoid the threat of losing their contracts with the big supermarkets. Last year tesco made profits of £10 million PER DAY, they are not struggling for money and can afford to pay their suppliers the going rate, if they had done that maybe we wouldnt have had this whole horsemeat problem in the first place.

I'm not one for sensationalism myself but there is nothing "rubbish" about the process I have described for mechanically separated chicken. Anyone foolish enough to believe that these sorts of practices dont happen is very gullible in my opinion, you only have to look at the horse meat scandal to see that what manufacturers tell you and what goes on behind closed doors are 2 very different things.

I disagree that the horsemeat scandal is the consumers fault for demanding low cost meat, it's not the consumers fault at all!! The fault lies firmly with the supermarkets, they put so much pressure on their suppliers to deliver at the lowest costs, and they dont really care a hoot for the quality of the produce as long as it's cheap, so suppliers have turned to less than acceptable practices to keep their costs low and avoid the threat of losing their contracts with the big supermarkets. Last year tesco made profits of £10 million PER DAY, they are not struggling for money and can afford to pay their suppliers the going rate, if they had done that maybe we wouldnt have had this whole horsemeat problem in the first place.

These supermarkets are all in this together. I bet this has been going on for a very long time, and if people continue to buy rubbish, processed, cheap as chips meat and ready meals then, yes of course it's the consumers fault. Don't buy it, then they wouldn't sell such crap. Like I said, you get what you pay for. Simple really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back