L&P discolouration at rebalance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
hiya

i have one client i do and im having a problem rebalancing her nails. I went to do them last night and removed all the lift to apply fresh L&P. when i was filing, i noticed that all the olf stuff (only 2 and half weeks) had discolored yellow/brown. i removed all lift and didnt know what to do so carryed on with fill. when i applyed new product you could see the yellow old product underneath???

ive never had this problem with anyone else and its usually the case that the zone 3 is a bit dirty (if they use their hands alot) and the rest is pretty fresh.

she has some solar oil off ebay which smells ok but is a darker colour to mine, and told her it maybe this. she also said she cleans her kitchen without gloves??

any ideas what i need to do, im dreading doing them again, she was lovely and said dont worry about it but i felt awful when i was driving home, i had filed for ages but just couldnt get rid of the awful colour.

help!!!!!!!!!

Was it the Acrylic that had gone yellow or the nail plate under the lifting? :cool:

I'd bet it's her 'ebay solaroil', especially if it's a different colour to yours.
you could give her a pinky bottle of proper SolarOil to try, and make her promise not to use the other stuff and see how her nails look next time.
if they're ok then retail her a larger bottle of SolarOil :D

as far as i know the l&p, her nails underneath have always been yellowy anyway

yeah its the L&P thats yellowed cos thats what i can see through after the rebalance.

:irked: im stumped!

she gardens alot but promises me that she hadnt done any this time??

Could the primer have spread onto the old acrylic, I heard that can cause the acrylic to yellow. But more than likely it is a imitation Solar Oil that has done it.:p

i dont use a primer so all i can think is its the oil

damn that ebay and its imitation products making our techie lives hard :cry:

Hi Loulou

When you first use your brush and wipe it, is there a yellowing left on the wipe? If so that could be the cause of the L&P discolouring. if not will try and think of something else for you.

Take care xx

no this is the first thing i thought of too!

not i know its not contaminated as the nails are fine even after an hr or so, its when i come back after 2 weeks?? its so odd!!!

Do you apply a uv inhibitor? Does your client use sunbeds? I have known -don't know if this is true or not, but yellow rubber gloves can sometimes transfere their colour. If this is wrong someone is sure to tell us! lol

Hope you get to the bottom of it XX

Latest posts

Back