LA Tan problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kel-J-tan2017

Reaction score
Hi,
2 things I need help with....

* 1 client I spray always gets the black dotty effect on her legs. She swears to me she is shaving and exfoliating 24 hrs before and doing all the right things. She went to someone else last night, shaved and exfoliated in the MORNING and her tan went on fine. I really dont understand it.

* my client had the fast tan last night and left on for 4hrs, she has pale skin and has said this morning she would of preferred it darker, she had sent me pics and it really doesn't look dark enough so does that mean she should leave it on for 6hrs next time but kinda defeats the object of fast tan. She said her legs have gone darker than the rest of her body.

Am I spraying it wrong?? Do I need a better machine?? Or is it the clients??

Thankyou!!

Hi,
2 things I need help with....

* 1 client I spray always gets the black dotty effect on her legs. She swears to me she is shaving and exfoliating 24 hrs before and doing all the right things. She went to someone else last night, shaved and exfoliated in the MORNING and her tan went on fine. I really dont understand it.

* my client had the fast tan last night and left on for 4hrs, she has pale skin and has said this morning she would of preferred it darker, she had sent me pics and it really doesn't look dark enough so does that mean she should leave it on for 6hrs next time but kinda defeats the object of fast tan. She said her legs have gone darker than the rest of her body.

Am I spraying it wrong?? Do I need a better machine?? Or is it the clients??

Thankyou!!
When i use a tan with a dark guide colour i always get a dotty effect as the guide sticks in my pores.Its just the way my skin is unfortunately i must have bigger pores. The only way i can stop this is by using a solution with a really light guide colour. But i love LA Tan so i just put up with it haha.As for the fast tan, i find them (from any company) to be lighter than 8 hour tans. If i have a client that wants a really dark tan i wont use a fast tan. They do take 24 hours after rinse to reach full colour so she still might go a little bit darker xx

Okay thanks.

Also I had the 14% cocktail done on me last night, I have just had a shower and it pretty much looks like a 10%. Really disappointed as it's the first time I have used this shade. I really wanted dark, I really feel like I could use this on anyone.

What's going wrong??

xxxx

I use LA 12% and fast and I always spray the legs more than the top of body as people say they're legs don't go as brown as their top half. Maybe whoever tanned you just needed to use a bit more solution .

Okay thanks.

Also I had the 14% cocktail done on me last night, I have just had a shower and it pretty much looks like a 10%. Really disappointed as it's the first time I have used this shade. I really wanted dark, I really feel like I could use this on anyone.

What's going wrong??

xxxx
How much solution did you use? Are you spraying about a hand length away all over body ? xx

My client has sent me this pic after using 12% brown on her.
received_1408738305903992.jpeg

How much solution did you use? Are you spraying about a hand length away all over body ? xx

One of my friends who also spray tans used the 14% cocktail on me. She was prob about a foot away from me. I also stand about a foot away from my clients, do I need to be closer??

One of my friends who also spray tans used the 14% cocktail on me. She was prob about a foot away from me. I also stand about a foot away from my clients, do I need to be closer??
Always use 50ml per person.

I use LA 12% and fast and I always spray the legs more than the top of body as people say they're legs don't go as brown as their top half. Maybe whoever tanned you just needed to use a bit more solution .
How many times would you spray the legs??

Patchy!!!! Why has it done this??
She could of slept with her hand between her legs or hand could be sprayed to heavy. Ive also been having the opposite problem with barrier cream, i find it grabs more to the areas when use it compared to when i dont use it. So ive stopped using it xx

She could of slept with her hand between her legs or hand could be sprayed to heavy. Ive also been having the opposite problem with barrier cream, i find it grabs more to the areas when use it compared to when i dont use it. So ive stopped using it xx
Any idea how she can get rid of it??

She also says her hands look freckly which I'm puzzled about.
Freckly tan is normaly a gun cleaning issue or the air flow. What machine do you have? xx

Freckly tan is normaly a gun cleaning issue or the air flow. What machine do you have? xx
I have the ts20. I did 3 people back to back and she was the last 1. It's only her hands though.

I have the ts20. I did 3 people back to back and she was the last 1. It's only her hands though.
Try stripping your gun down and soak the parts in soapy water, and take the filter out of your machine and wash that. That should eliminate the speckles xx

I do the legs twice. I still only use about 50ml

Latest posts

Back