Lack of confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm lacking in confidence to get the business going in the new area. Plus hubby isn't what you would call supportive, saying I spend too much on products with no clients to use them on. Yeah thanks :(

I have done a leaflet drop, posted online, dropped cards off at the local Hive and hairdressers in town. I'm looking into an add in the local free mag and doing some fares that are coming up soon.

I just don't know what else to do.
Feeling a little low today and needed someone to talk to so guess what, it was you guys. I am finished moving about it's just not good for business or the family anymore.

Sorry to vent here :sad: but thanks for letting me get this off my chest

Aw BIG hug! At least you are finished moving - that's something to be happy about, now any client base you build up is yours. You sound like you've moved around quite a bit - any particular reason? Also are you way out of the area you were before? Do you know anyone in the area?

I've moved about quite alot due to hubby being in the army. Yes I have moved way way out of my last area which was Kent and I'm now up the top of Scotland (well almost at the top).

I know it takes time for folk to know you are here and what you offer but with the amount of wannabes that do 1 day courses and think they are qualified is immense in the forces world. Not all are 1 dayers before anyone shouts at me and I am certainly not.

I've kept my prices as low as I can as most people will not pay out for a service they can get cheaper round the corner but if I cut down again (which hubby has suggested) I may as well offer services for free :(

Sometimes, I think it would be better to just give up but I absolutely love nails and everything about enhancing them. I just can't give it up, not now not ever.

No you shouldn't. What mileage is there in Targeting non army people? I am in a garrison town and my in laws live near one up north. There are a lot of people here who are non army?

There is Forres which is civvie but I think there are quite a few ex-military here as this was a RAF base and alot of them bought n settled in the area (I don't blame them though).

Latest posts

Back