Lash extensions help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrissienye

Reaction score
Hi everyone this is my first post so hopefully its in the right place.

Im hoping someone can help. I did a one day eyelash extension course on saturday but I cant get the lashes to stay on. Ive emailed the school but they dont know why. The girl that I used for the model on my course, her lashes didnt even last 24 hours. The second model I did lost all the lashes from one eye in about 36 hours and now has lost the rest. They taught us at the school to cleanse the eye of all makeup with an oil free product, then dip 2/3 of the lash in glue, wipe away the excess, wipe the glue up the lash once and then place on the eyelash. I understand I havent got the technique perfect but I was wondering if anyone saw anything major I was missing or if you had any tips as to how to do them better.

I brought the kit from the school, they got it from lash base. I used .2 weight lashes and a mixture of 8 and 10mm length on both models.

Thanks in advance
Chrissie

Hi, I use lash base so won't be the product could be the amount if glue your using I wipe the false lash with glue on 2/3 times on the length of the natural lash. Or the lashes are not clean from oil properly xx

Thank you. Am I best of using more glue than not enough? Do you find its easier the place the lash after more wipes?

Are you using a primer? That helped me a lot. I get mine from lash revolution and its the best ;-) x

Dip the lash in the glue then wipe along the lash, once you've done this you shouldn't be able to see glue on the lash as you need such a tiny amount.

Check the glues use by date. I bought a bottle from my trainer before that was out of date (unbeknown to us) and all the lashes fell out.

Try using a different make up remover. You are using oil free but it may still have an ingredient that reacts with the glue.

It will be something really simple that causes this, don't stress, you will find the cause :)

Retreading your post, if the lashes you did in training aren't lasting then the course are responsible. Wether they know the reason or not they should give you further training as it clearly wasn't adequate!
They can't sign you off as passed if you didn't do a proper set and this isn't your fault at all, it's there's!!
Get back on to them and insist they rearrange training for you x

I used a primer on my course but not on the second set as it wasnt included in my set.

Thanks I will try a different make of eye make up remover, I use simple I dont know if thats recommended or not.

They have offered for me to go back on the course but I dont know if that will help. To pass the course in the first place u only had to apply 10 lashes to each eye. Luckily I was the only person on the course so I was able to do 25 lashes per eye, but the tutor said I picked it up really quickly and did everything right, so if they couldnt pick it up then or from me contacting me I dont know if going back will help :(

I would definately recommend using a primer for every set. It removes oils from the lash that would otherwise act as a barrier to the adhesive for attaching the lash.

I agree with the other post, your training company should not dismiss you without helping you to resolve your problems.

You are encountering some of the normal problems that a new lash tech encounters and I would look at your positioning of the lash as it may be that you are not getting enough contact of the extension to the natural lash.

Is your adhesive a slower setting one if so are you keeping the lash isolated long enough for the adhesive to dry a little.

If it is a fast setting adhesive are you getting the lash into position before it starts to set which would compromise its ability to stick.

All of the above are things your trainer should be asking you and in my opionion any good trainer asks to see about 5 case studies of lash treatments you have carried out before signing you off.

Please don't be offended but just wondered who you trained with and have you checked that they are accredited so you can get insured?

H xx

Thanks for the reply H, sorry for the late response. I think I have fingured what what I was doing wrong, I think that I was applying the lash to close to the lid, do the lash was applied stuck all the way to the bottom so was therefore getting snagged. I've had two more models since my last post, and have applied each lash a little higher and neither seem to have had any more problems so far.

I trained at a local school, the qualification is a beauty dipolma through the Beauty Guild. All they require is for you to be able to apply 10 lashes to each eye to get signed off. I'm starting to realise though that these one day courses aren't great for the complicated things, I had a lot of issues after my gel nail course to.
x

Glad you got it sorted then hun, I'm in Kent too so if you wanted to come see me for any help/tips then let me know

H xx

Latest posts

Back