Lash lift issues?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexa Calgaro

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been doing lash lifts for about 6 months now and I've come across an issue that has happened with my last few clients. I'll do the lash lift and the results come out great, but after about 3-4 weeks the lashes are frizzy, krimped, going different directions; all sorts of bad. Super discouraging! I switched brands recently so it may be the product, but is there anything that may cause this? Am I not removing the product good enough? Are the solutions on the lashes for too long?
I've left each solution on for 8-10 minutes each but it's possible that could be too long for the client depending on their lash thickness....
If that is the case, I still don't understand why this happens weeks after I do the service?
Also, 4-6 weeks later, when a clients new lashes grow in, and their still-curled lashes are in there, do you suggest I relax the lashes and tell them to wait to come in for another perm, or should I do another perm to try to get all the lashes on the same page?
Someone help me out please

Lashes appear frizzy and crimped as a result of the lash lift drying them out. You need to be offering your clients a lash balm or a conditioning serum. We use the Refectocil Long Lash Balm and include it in our treatment price. They need to be using a conditioning lash product daily. Think of it like coloured/permed/treated hair, it needs a hair conditioner!

Hi everyone,
I've been doing lash lifts for about 6 months now and I've come across an issue that has happened with my last few clients. I'll do the lash lift and the results come out great, but after about 3-4 weeks the lashes are frizzy, krimped, going different directions; all sorts of bad. Super discouraging! I switched brands recently so it may be the product, but is there anything that may cause this? Am I not removing the product good enough? Are the solutions on the lashes for too long?
I've left each solution on for 8-10 minutes each but it's possible that could be too long for the client depending on their lash thickness....
If that is the case, I still don't understand why this happens weeks after I do the service?
Also, 4-6 weeks later, when a clients new lashes grow in, and their still-curled lashes are in there, do you suggest I relax the lashes and tell them to wait to come in for another perm, or should I do another perm to try to get all the lashes on the same page?
Someone help me out please
Hi Alexa! I've been having the exact same issues with my clients. Have you found a solution that works for you yet???

If the lashes are going frizzy you might be applying the product too far up or leaving it to develop too long. It can vary on your brand but generally you should not apply further up than 1/3 of the natural lash and each step needs to be fully removed before the next is applied.

Hi Alexa! I've been having the exact same issues with my clients. Have you found a solution that works for you yet???
Sorry for the late reply!! Yes, the key is to use a conditioner/oil on the lashes daily. As long as you follow your protocol correctly, everything should be fine BUT they need to be educated on after care and have to use an oil every day to avoid frizziness.

Latest posts

Back