Lash lift - when to tint bottom lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahdollface

Reaction score
Hi got a lash lift booked for Sunday and client wants bottom lashes tinted as well - do I do this before or after the lash lift? Cant decide what's easiest or best for results?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do it after honey. So once you've lifted, remove product (don't apply nourishing lotion yet), gently remove bottom lash gel pad or whatever you use and place the dampened tint papers under the bottom lashes. Tint top and bottom lashes as you would normally, then apply your nourishing lotion that's in your lash lift kit. Hth xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just a warning- it may depend what brand you use to do your lift. I use lvl and know that if you tint afterwards in that way it will cause the lift to drop.

I also offer LVL and would tint the bottom lashes during the 1st two stages. Once you have bonded the lashes to the shield I don't find it necessary to keep the gel pad in place.

Just a warning- it may depend what brand you use to do your lift. I use lvl and know that if you tint afterwards in that way it will cause the lift to drop.

Why would it cause the lift to drop? you've already set the lift with your fixing solution so adding tint either with the lashes still on the shield or not shouldn't make any difference

I also offer LVL and would tint the bottom lashes during the 1st two stages. Once you have bonded the lashes to the shield I don't find it necessary to keep the gel pad in place.

Ahh I'm just about to do my first clients, and the practices I've been doing it was the bottom pad they found annoying so I may do this. Good tip thank you SSx

I have my lashes lifted, not sure who my friend trained with but she tints before the lift and from being a trained hair dresser and knowing the perm procedure I wouldn't put any other products on the lashes for at least 24 hours to give them chance to rest in their new shape

The lvl aftercare is to not use any products on lashes for 24 hrs afterwards as it may cause them to drop, and I assume tint comes under that. might just be being extra cautious. But it might only be lvl other products may be different xx

Ahh I'm just about to do my first clients, and the practices I've been doing it was the bottom pad they found annoying so I may do this. Good tip thank you SSx

Same with my clients - when I remove the gel pad there is always a sigh of relief! ;)

I teach lash lift/lash perm and it should be tint before for the reasons outlined above

xx

I've always tinted after as per my training. It seems strange to me to tint first as the fixing lotion (or equivalent) commonly uses hydrogen peroxide to reform the disulphide bonds and I find this causes noticeable lightening of the lashes. So tinting first would be redundant or at least not as effective as tinting after.

Latest posts

Back