Lash lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bouxbeauty

Reaction score
Hi! I’m having trouble getting the dramatic look I’m after while lash lifting, they don’t seem to stay in that high lifted look if you know what I mean.
What timings is everyone doing for their lifts??
I’m doing what I was trained and can only think it’s the timings the lotions are on for or the perming and setting lotions themselves. (I’m using lash base products so would be supprised if it were that) I do tint the lashes after the setting lotion also.
In my training (salon systems) they said whatever time you leave the perm use the same time for setting. However with lash base it states 10-15 mins with perm then 8-10 with setting.. are people following the specific product guidelines??
Thanks!!!

I use Lashbase Lash Lift. If the lashes are coarse and more resistant to staying put on the shields I leave the perm lotion on for 15 mins and the setting lotion for 10 mins. I also tint afterwards. If the lashes are softer/finer I leave the perm lotion on for 13 mins and setting lotion 9 mins.

I will be completely honest and say I get very mixed results! Sometimes an excellent lift and other times there's just a mediocre lift! I have a few clients that have them done every 2-3 months and as long as their first results were good I stick to the same timings (I write them in their record card) but sometimes they lift really well and sometimes I'm a bit disappointed! Why does this happen if I'm following exactly the same procedure?! I'm not entirely sure but maybe it could be to do with their lash cycle, hormone levels, who knows?! It's a shame as it's quite a popular treatment, but no matter how well the lashes adhere to the shields, I can never be 100% sure how they're going to turn out!

I wonder if anyone else has found this? I have mentioned it to a couple of beauty Therapist friends and they've said the same.
I have recently tried Ellebana lash Lift as well as I'd heard great reports but the results were very average. It's also difficult to know if you've removed the lotions properly as they're both clear.

You need to stick to the timings of whatever system you are using, they may look the same but most are formulated slightly differently.

Check the position of your shields too, if you client wants a stronger lift use a smaller shield. Personally I prefer more of a curve but some clients prefer that very straight up look. Really clean their natural lashes before you start and try not to use too much shield adhesive as this will stop the solutions getting through to the lashes.

Try lash bomb I tried it recently it’s really good, I also like lashbase.

You need to stick to the timings of whatever system you are using, they may look the same but most are formulated slightly differently.

Check the position of your shields too, if you client wants a stronger lift use a smaller shield. Personally I prefer more of a curve but some clients prefer that very straight up look. Really clean their natural lashes before you start and try not to use too much shield adhesive as this will stop the solutions getting through to the lashes.

Try lash bomb I tried it recently it’s really good, I also like lashbase.
I’ve been using the small shied, expecting that straight up dramatic lift but not been getting it.
I have been adding a little bit more adhesive to stick the more stubborn lash..so I will pay more attention to that and work on the timings and see if my results change.

Latest posts

Back