Lash perm help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsti__

Reaction score
morning fellow geeks!
Help and advice needed please!
I did a lash lift and tint on Monday, the lady called yesterday saying one is perfect, one hasn't lifted at all. I did the same on each eye and as I do with all clients, I asked if it's the side she sleeps on, if she rubbed her eye all the normal questions! She is on tomo so I can re do the one eye....I'm just baffled why one eyes perfect ones not! And will I be ok to re perm and tint? Will it then be wonky! Am I better to do both eyes? I've never had this before so slightly concerned. I don't want to make things worse!
Thank you all and sorry for long post!
Kirsty xx

Chill......
Assess the problem when she comes in, and is sitting in front of you.:cool:

Sh*t sometimes happens....there will alway's be the odd duff:p, and we just have to learn to accept that.
It's how we deal with it that makes all the difference.

If it is as she describes, and one has taken less well than the other, re-do that one, being sure to just apply the perming lotion just to the base, and be aware it will not need to be on so long, probably half the original development time.

There can be many reasons why it did not take so well on one eye;

The lash was not fully clean before application.
The lash was wet at the base, thus diluting the product.
The lash on that eye was not 'lifted' well enough onto the shield.
Development time was less on that eye.
The perm lotion was not removed well enough before the neutraliser was applied.

If the difference is only slight, I would probably not re-do, but offer a % off of her next treatment. ;)

Chill......
Assess the problem when she comes in, and is sitting in front of you.:cool:

Sh*t sometimes happens....there will alway's be the odd duff:p, and we just have to learn to accept that.
It's how we deal with it that makes all the difference.

If it is as she describes, and one has taken less well than the other, re-do that one, being sure to just apply the perming lotion just to the base, and be aware it will not need to be on so long, probably half the original development time.

There can be many reasons why it did not take so well on one eye;

The lash was not fully clean before application.
The lash was wet at the base, thus diluting the product.
The lash on that eye was not 'lifted' well enough onto the shield.
Development time was less on that eye.
The perm lotion was not removed well enough before the neutraliser was applied.

If the difference is only slight, I would probably not re-do, but offer a % off of her next treatment. ;)
Thank you so much! I was worried about reapplying so soon after her treatment, so the half development time is great advice!

Ok will double check that all is dry and I remove perm lotion!

Thank you so much @RED STAR made me feel loads better!

Xx

Thank you so much! I was worried about reapplying so soon after her treatment, so the half development time is great advice!

Ok will double check that all is dry and I remove perm lotion!

Thank you so much @RED STAR made me feel loads better!

Xx

Just to re iterate.....
If the difference is very noticeable, and the lashes are in good condition, i.e shinny with no sign of damage, then re-do....
BUT.....If it is only slightly noticeable, I would advise to leave well alone, and offer a discounted treatment next time.;)
Good Luck & let us know how you get on.

Just to re iterate.....
If the difference is very noticeable, and the lashes are in good condition, i.e shinny with no sign of damage, then re-do....
BUT.....If it is only slightly noticeable, I would advise to leave well alone, and offer a discounted treatment next time.;)
Good Luck & let us know how you get on.
She cancelled her appointment, has rebooked for Monday-that will be 7 days since I lifted them.... will see how they look and let you know!☺️

Latest posts

Back