Lashes advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbiep

Reaction score
So how did everybody’s first ever set of lashes go? I’ve just done mine, she’s gotta come back tomorrow for me to put more in ‍♀️ It’s so hard ‍♀️ What’s everyone’s tips for where to put the glue and lashes? I think that definitely hindered me, don’t think the current heat helped either please tell me it gets easier the more you do

This was my first ever set, the more you do the better it is! Just work however you are comfortable

IMG_5102.JPG

This is more recent

IMG_5099.JPG

Well you certainly had a challenge in yesterday's temperatures! If the lashes don't last as long as you'd expect, don't blame yourself as the glue doesn't set as well in this heat, so even if you managed to keep your room cool, as soon as the client left you she woukd have been exposing them to extreme temperatures.
My daughter contacted all her lash clients before their appointments yesterday warning them that they might not last and if they still wanted them doing she got them to sign a disclaimer!

With regards to how long it took her to feel confident doing lashes, she actually went on another training course as she just didn't feel happy with the lashes she was producing after her first course. She did a lot of research to find the right trainer and then did a 1-2-1 day with her. It literally all clicked into place after that session and she's been fully booked ever since and has loads of regulars. (Shes also trained to do Volume lashes as well now). It's like most things, the more you do, the better you get I think. She did a one week special offer straight after her course and just did one set after another (she's never had any trouble getting clients) and that was what she needed.

Th
This was my first ever set, the more you do the better it is! Just work however you are comfortable

View attachment 209046

This is more recent

View attachment 209047Thank you for your reply! I did some today and they were definitely better it’s just the root is lifting, think my angle on the D curl lashes isn’t right so I deffo need to adjust. X

Well you certainly had a challenge in yesterday's temperatures! If the lashes don't last as long as you'd expect, don't blame yourself as the glue doesn't set as well in this heat, so even if you managed to keep your room cool, as soon as the client left you she woukd have been exposing them to extreme temperatures.
My daughter contacted all her lash clients before their appointments yesterday warning them that they might not last and if they still wanted them doing she got them to sign a disclaimer!

With regards to how long it took her to feel confident doing lashes, she actually went on another training course as she just didn't feel happy with the lashes she was producing after her first course. She did a lot of research to find the right trainer and then did a 1-2-1 day with her. It literally all clicked into place after that session and she's been fully booked ever since and has loads of regulars. (Shes also trained to do Volume lashes as well now). It's like most things, the more you do, the better you get I think. She did a one week special offer straight after her course and just did one set after another (she's never had any trouble getting clients) and that was what she needed.

Thanks for this, I think your daughter made a good voice there, I may consider this for myself. I’d rather pay more and be more confident in my work! X

Latest posts

Back