Leaflet dropping Businesses - Should I approach in person or post through door?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmo100

Reaction score
Hi - I opened up a new salon last week. I have advertsied on every free website possible plus have a website. I have distributed leaflets but my next aim is to approach local companies to see if they will put my leaflet on their staff notice board.

I was thinking of putting a small note asking to distribute and maybe a free file and polish as a thank you in an envelope and posting in in their company letterbox - but a few friends have said that they think this is impersonal and I would get more response going in person - problem is my salon is part time and I have a 4 day a week job also so I am working when they are working!

Do you think it would make a big difference going in person - I would take a days holidays if it more successful.

Best wishes

Gizmo100:confused:

Hm, do you not have any (trustworthy) daughters/nieces/friends daughters who'd do it for a few quid?

We had, not that long ago a lady who is starting up a salon near my workplace, pop into our store and give us a handful of leaflets about the treatments etc.
They got put in the staff room and I think most of them ended up in the bin at the end of the day tbh.

Although!!!!!! One member of staff did make a booking. But out of thirty of us thats not a great %.

Many thanks for replying - I seen a business advisor today and he said we should be sending out about 5000 leaflets!! So I think im ordering more. Will see how many of my family will do it -Im sure I can bribe them with treatments!!!

Thanks again

What about e-mailing them with a link to the website? x

Hi,

I'm opening my own salon next week so heres what I'm doing. I'm doing a leaflet drop round all the houses in the area, I'm gonna contact the local newspaper too. But the past few weeks I've been at parties or days out and met people I don't know and the best thing I've done is tell them about what I'm doing! I've made contacts with a photographer and a jeweler so far, both who have said they will recommend me to customers of theirs. So I would say the personal approach would work best, especially if you are approaching smaller local companies. If you are going to somewhere like Tesco for instance, maybe leave leaflets with 10% off offers? hope this helps you xx

When i first opened my salon i sent letters to all local businesses.
I included an introductory letter, price list and business card.
I also offered them a 10% discount on all services.
I am in a town centre though and i got quite a few customers from that. People can just pop in in their lunch hour so it's handy for them :)

Hi, when I was trying to promote a salon I used to work at, we personally drove all around the town and outskirts to ask the comapanies direct to display leaflets etc, as a thank you we offered 10 - 15% discount on any treatments booked.
During our 'drive around' it was nice to actually meet people and have a general chit chat about the business. I think it's nice for potential customers to see a face to the advert and to know that it was a friendly approachable salon...xXx

We had, not that long ago a lady who is starting up a salon near my workplace, pop into our store and give us a handful of leaflets about the treatments etc.
They got put in the staff room and I think most of them ended up in the bin at the end of the day tbh.

Although!!!!!! One member of staff did make a booking. But out of thirty of us thats not a great %.

i would imagine that whats happens most of the time as it used to happen where i used to work also.

but 1 out of 30 people aint bad. its a higher percentage then leaflet drops.

Hi just to advise we had a wee bit of success from our first leaflet drop - unfortunately it was raining all day today but someone said thats the best day to post leaflets through as folk are in and not at the shops so will more likely read it - well it worked as I got a call this afternoon from someone who got the leaflet and they are booked in 2moro!

Thanks for all the other suggestions - will approach all the businesses in person and see how it goes with a wee discount too :)

Latest posts

Back