Leaving a brand new salon for a salon closer to home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stay working at the new salon or work at the salon 2min away?

• stay at the new salon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • work at the salon 2min away

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • try to work at both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ddthenailninja

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been thinking of leaving a brand new salon that opened up a month ago for a salon that is literally 2 minutes away from my house. The problem is that I am the only employee that works there. I don't want the business to fail because of me :( but financially working very very close to home seems to be the better option and I don't want to miss this opportunity. Also, so my support system (friends & family) is strong which will help get a clientele a bit faster than going to a city 45 minutes where nobody knows me. I just want some opinions on what I should do.

I wouldn't want to commute 45 mins each way unless it's for something really special if there's another local option nearby that suits my needs better.

As long as you give your present salon enough notice to find someone else I'm sure no one would blame you.

I agree with the above, just be courteous to the owner of the salon and give plenty notice for them to find another therapist. It's worth not burning bridges with employers/salon owners as you never know when you may need them again X

I am feeling like doing the same thing.

Latest posts

Back