LED lamp help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traceyashley

Reaction score
Hey geeks Just wanted to ask some questions about the LED lamps. I use a UV lamp for when I do gel polish, extensions ect... But I have been looking for a LED as they work faster and are not as bulky when carrying around. The ones I was looking at were really expensive, But Iv seen one today and its only £45!!! will this do exactly the same job. Now its from a professional hair and beauty company but it concerns me that its so much cheaper then the others. Does anyone know much about LED lamps and do they all do they same job? Grafton Little Pink LED Lamp | Equipment | Capital Hair & Beauty Ltd

Thanks in advance :lol:

I had this lamp I bought it at a beauty show, it's ok but it's only 4 finger cure then thumbs, so not that much quicker, I used it for nail art with Gelish on pops etc andused my cnd lamp for clients but now have a 18g and its so much better as has the timers and 5 finger cure etc.

Personally id say save up for a full hand cure lamp.

Hate to say it but buy cheap, buy twice! I bought 2 cheaper LED lamps and they just didnt cure, colour wiped off. Now got 18g and couldn't live without it. I just thought 15 sets and its paid for...

I have to agree, I bought 2 cheaper lamps and when I say cheaper one of them cost me just under £100 which at the time I thought was dear :o

I recently bought the Artisitic LED Pro 30 and although it was expensive it was worth every penny.

My advise is to splash out and get a really good, reliable, lamp as it will be worth it in the long run. xxx

Thanks for your help ladies :) im so glad i asked on here first, else i would of wasted £45. I will save and get a descent one :) thanks again:) xxx

I'm not going to apologise for nagging but this question has been asked over and over on here!

THE most important issue here is you should use the lamp recommended by the brand manufacturer. Plus not all gels cure with UV LED

You're a professional. Don't go on price. Go on what is right for the brand, you get supplier support and therefore covered by your insurance!!!

Just throwing this in here but what if you had called your manufacturer of the brand you use and told them you already had a led lamp and they state that ANY led will cure their products then would you still pay more just to have their own brand name on the lamp even if they told you it won't matter if its a gelish/CND or other lamp?

Just throwing this in here but what if you had called your manufacturer of the brand you use and told them you already had a led lamp and they state that ANY led will cure their products then would you still pay more just to have their own brand name on the lamp even if they told you it won't matter if its a gelish/CND or other lamp?

I have never heard of a company that says you can use any LED lamp to cure their product. LED lamps have a very specific range of UV ray frequency and that frequency will vary from product to product. UV lamps are a whole other deal, they emit a much wider range of UV rays and therefore will cure a wider range of products.

Some products are have very specific requirements for curing. Shellac for example is one product where the manufacturers specify that you HAVE to use their lamp. This is the only company that I know of that does this. The reason is very simple. Their products are hypoallergenic. The main reason for allergies from gel products are the photoinitiators used. They are the reason gel cures. CND products are hypoallergenic because they have lower amounts of photoinitiators in them and this is exactly the reason you have to user their own lamp that has been specifically formulated for that exact formula of photoinitiators.

Latest posts

Back