Leg tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaznal

Reaction score
Hi guys over from the nail tech page. What do you recommend for tanning of legs. I don't want them dark but I hate them looking grey, I have olive skin so tan easy everywhere except my legs so want to try a self tanning lotion for them only. Thanks x

Hi guys over from the nail tech page. What do you recommend for tanning of legs. I don't want them dark but I hate them looking grey, I have olive skin so tan easy everywhere except my legs so want to try a self tanning lotion for them only. Thanks x

mmmm ...are you allowed over here in the crazy world of skin peeps :lick::lol:

that's a pretty odd combo you have going on there...an olive skin type with a grey tone...try taking your tights off....job done :eek::lol:

That said if you already have ....im guessing by your statement that your not an ardent tanner and simply want to deal with this particular area .....im guessing as a result of the wonderful weather were having and the burning desire to show off them legs and distract as many of us poor old blokes as possible form our daily routines :lol:

Going to a salon simply for a spray tan application to the legs is a bit of a pain, costly relative to the treatment and probably, for you ,a bit of an over kill.

Seemingly what you need is something you can apply at home as part of your daily beautification routine

The perfect thing for this would be a moisturiser which is impregnated with DAH which will ,over a few applications slightly tone the skin in the areas applied.

The added benefit of course being additional moisturiser application to these areas.

A particularly useful item for topping up a tan in any areas of the body where either erosion removes a tan quickly or, as in your case, where you wish to accentuate a tan tone

These products ae readily available through the various professional brands out there however they do tend to contain a higher % of DHA(4%+) so may be a tad to strong for you so my advice would be to go to the high street and purchase such a product from the shelves which have a much lower DHA concentrate (around 2%)

not wishing to promote consumer retail brands but you really cant do any better than Garnier body summer glow which can be picked up from most discount drug stores for a couple quid

Just don't expect immediate results as does take a few applications and a few days for the DHA reaction to show through

HTH :hug:

Excellent reply collin :thumbup:
I also agree the garnier moisturiser is a great buy. I use it to keep my tan topped up and it smells lovely.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Excellent reply collin :thumbup:
I also agree the garnier moisturiser is a great buy. I use it to keep my tan topped up and it smells lovely.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

and cheap as chips :hug:

that's brilliant thanks so much :biggrin:

that's brilliant thanks so much :biggrin:

its a pleasure and hope it does the job for you

Just remember to remove those grey tights before application :eek::wink2::lol:

Managed to get some today :)

I second garnier tinted moisturiser! I tan everywhere but my legs stay white as a ghost!! (Any idea why skin geeks?!). But I get a beautiful colour with the moisturiser, I apply it every night for about 3 nights and have gorgeous golden legs for the week, scrub it off at the end of the week and start again with it :D x

This may sound stupid but here it goes... I used the Garnier the other day as my other half said I looked ill, it was a lovely colour the next day but my hands had gone yellowy orangey! 😭 should I be using gloves with a tinted moisturiser or not because I made sure I washed hands properly afterwards? X

I always wear gloves with the tinted moisturiser as it still contains tan which stains hands and I think it goes on better with a mitt x

I second garnier tinted moisturiser! I tan everywhere but my legs stay white as a ghost!! (Any idea why skin geeks?!)x

Hi Jade
there are two/three possible answers to this question

1) simply either exfoliation if you wear jeans or through exfoliation due to weather on bare legs

2) if your legs are generally covered up they don't get a "basic" base tan from the sun and therefore the DHA in the moisturiser has to work harder to catch up to the same end colour compared to the areas that are exposed to UV light

3) and probably the answer....for some reason,and we don't fully understand why at this point,but DHA skin reaction works best on areas where there is a reasonable level of flesh under the skin he surface skin is taut

Most common areas are shins,legs on slim bodies,ears etc and additionally where implants are in situe in an individual that doesn't have much flesh under the implant.

Additionally there are some that give the differences in body temperature that causes the DHA not to fully develop ...particularly with breast implants for example the temperature of the implant is generally lower than that of the body temperature

This may sound stupid but here it goes... I used the Garnier the other day as my other half said I looked ill, it was a lovely colour the next day but my hands had gone yellowy orangey! �� should I be using gloves with a tinted moisturiser or not because I made sure I washed hands properly afterwards? X

its not a silly question at all

The yellowing is simply the DHA "grabbing" into the dry skin on the palms of your hands

You really don't need to wear gloves to prevent this from happening ...simply apply a light moisturiser to the palms of your hands ...this will not only moisturise the skin and reduce dryness it will also act as a "Barrier"

simply apply the product to the skin and wash the palms of your skin with soapy water after

its not a silly question at all

The yellowing is simply the DHA "grabbing" into the dry skin on the palms of your hands

You really don't need to wear gloves to prevent this from happening ...simply apply a light moisturiser to the palms of your hands ...this will not only moisturise the skin and reduce dryness it will also act as a "Barrier"

simply apply the product to the skin and wash the palms of your skin with soapy water after

Oh brill. Thanks a lot, I can do my tan without panicking now! Much appreciated :)

Hi Jade
there are two/three possible answers to this question

1) simply either exfoliation if you wear jeans or through exfoliation due to weather on bare legs

2) if your legs are generally covered up they don't get a "basic" base tan from the sun and therefore the DHA in the moisturiser has to work harder to catch up to the same end colour compared to the areas that are exposed to UV light

3) and probably the answer....for some reason,and we don't fully understand why at this point,but DHA skin reaction works best on areas where there is a reasonable level of flesh under the skin he surface skin is taut

Most common areas are shins,legs on slim bodies,ears etc and additionally where implants are in situe in an individual that doesn't have much flesh under the implant.

Additionally there are some that give the differences in body temperature that causes the DHA not to fully develop ...particularly with breast implants for example the temperature of the implant is generally lower than that of the body temperature

Wow thanks for taking the time for such a Detailed reply, makes sense!! Thankyou :) x

Wow thanks for taking the time for such a Detailed reply, makes sense!! Thankyou :) x

no worries at all.
I take all major credit cards, good old cash in hand, electronic bank transfer and even western union wire transfers

Take your pick :eek::eek::lol::lol::hug:

Update, worked a treat :) lovely colour and no bad smell

Latest posts

Back