Let there be light-please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you are lucky to have obscured glass as you cannot beat real sunlight. I bought a wooden blind for my tanning room and have now found that a shower curtain at the window lets so much more daylight in. Could have saved some money if I had done it before. Just need to get some customers now! Happy tanning :):lol:

Spotted one of the clip on lights on Nouvatans website today - not sure what they're like though as i've just bought my lamp & bulb separately (& it worked out more expensive than getting it from nouvatan)!!! x

Spotted one of the clip on lights on Nouvatans website today - not sure what they're like though as i've just bought my lamp & bulb separately (& it worked out more expensive than getting it from nouvatan)!!! x
the clip on lamp and bulb we sell is a low energy 14watt bulb with the same lux levels as a traditional 70watt lamp. it has a mini spiral lamp. that sends light from all directions and reduces shadows.
Its not the "Daylight" lamp as that is a company name and trademark but it is the same type of lamp.
I have found it great in most situations, but not so good in an already well lit room. i have also found that if it is too close to me and at my eye level it kind off blinds me and i cant see the guide colour going on. i have started putting the lamp low down at knee level. and have found this to be a lot better for me.
we used to stock a spotlight type lamp with a twisted metal arm but that got hot and melted the tent !! the lamp we stock now runs cool.
the jury is still out for me on what power of lamp to stock. the girls think the 14W is perfect and they dont have a problem with it , but i do and i think its too bright. maybe its my eyes ?? :irked::irked:

Hi there, I tan in front of a window in my house but have put up a film on the window which makes the glass opaque, so you can't see in, but it doesn't block out any light. hth :D

SO glad I found this, im renting a room in a spa and the walls are painted ORANGE with spot lights on the ceiling, I will try and get the bulbs changed to 'Daylight' bulbs, thanks alot.

I"m only just booking my training in spray tanning but just read this thread and thought I"d mention, I"m not sure if it will work but think I am going to try this based on what you have all said, there is stuff you can buy called LED tape and you can get it in cool white, it does not go hot or warm up coz it's LED's. It's sticky so am thinking it could maybe be put inside the tent where needed to avoid shadows etc.. I shall be trying this and will let you know how it goes! :)

I"m only just booking my training in spray tanning but just read this thread and thought I"d mention, I"m not sure if it will work but think I am going to try this based on what you have all said, there is stuff you can buy called LED tape and you can get it in cool white, it does not go hot or warm up coz it's LED's. It's sticky so am thinking it could maybe be put inside the tent where needed to avoid shadows etc.. I shall be trying this and will let you know how it goes! :)

Will look forward to hearing how you get on with this :) never heard of them before so just googles led tape lights and had a quick look. Are they waterproof? Also do you know if the "tape" sticks to material and how well? I'm wondering how well it would last on a tent that's folded and unfolded a lot. I'm also interested to know how bright it looks they appear to be around £45 upwards so a lot of money just to trial it but if it works well it's an amazing idea!!! X

Last edited:
I take my daylight lamp that I use for other beauty treatments. It opens up completely vertical and I stand it up at the front of my blow up tent. Works a treat x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408998610.763176.jpg

Latest posts

Back