Level 3 massage diploma- LSBM?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyxoxo

Reaction score
hi everyone!

i am looking to do a massage course.. but i have spent hours and hours and feel i am going round in circles!
my reiki teacher who is a salon owner has said definitely make sure i do swedish massage, however most courses are 'holistic massage'..something her salon doesn't even offer.

i've looked into VTCT and ITEC and i think VTCT sounds like you cover more..swedish and hot stone and some cover indian head massage as well.

so then i've found VTCT courses local to me (sussex)..some are for 10 months, which to me sounds a bit too long, i am eager to start now!
but the shortest course thats starts the sooner i've found is at london school of beauty, (3 days a week for 6 weeks, 18 days in total which is more than most i've seen) which also has a salon attached so you get to train on paying members on the public, rather than have to find case studies to do at home which fills me with dread a bit!

theres also another VTCT course i found local to me but its a certificate rather than a diploma.

does any one have any advice? any courses to definitely avoid? i have to say its driving me a bit mad! :(

thanks in advance!

I would ask you what DO YOU really want to do?
You've mentioned the salon doesn't do holistic therapy. Does that mean you would rather go down the holistic route?
I did my Indian Head Massage course with VTCT years ago and it was around 8 months with a qualification and is really good.. Personally i'm not interested in any other massage so i stick to IHM because i love it and It doesn't matter what other people think. You need to decide which route you want to go down and look at the courses to see what really speaks to you. If you want a quick course do any local community centres or schools do short courses in your area?? You could try that which would give you a better idea of which therapy/therapies you want to practice professionally then you will need to do a qualified course and they take time. Good Luck x

Latest posts

Back