Lifting dark hair and toning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarasmith89

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I have a client in this week who's hair we have been doing a 5/3 with 6% (20 vol) all over for about 2 years. Now she is wanting to have a balayage. I have obvs explained that getting her light will take a few goes and she's fully aware that it may go warmer than we want the end result to be. That said she has told me she 100% doesn't wanna leave the salon with orange hair!! What would be your suggestions I.g how to lift, what to tone with extra... my salon uses a french brand called la biosthetique, not heard of much but I have worked with wella, lorel and sens.us so I can match up what ever you lot think. I was going to go in with bleach and 12% (40 vol) and then tone with something after?! Any advice would be great! Asap she's in tomorrow :) thanks fellow hair gods [emoji16][emoji16]
20181023_104930.jpeg
20181023_104917.jpeg

What percentage of grey does she have or is her hair naturally very dark?
Why not use a colour reducer to remove the artificial colour. Much better than using bleach and NEVER use 40vol with bleach.

Latest posts

Back