lifting help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickyc

Reaction score
Hi i'm using brisa and having a problem with lifting at the sides were the tip is attached but no lifting around the cuticle so i'm sure its not my prep. i really can't figure out why? I use the clear tips and am wondering if the opaque tips would be better as i feel the clear tips are thinner. could it be the application is too thin but then wouldn't they crack? I'm doing three layers. one last question which i'm confused about is the primer do you apply it only on the natural nail plate or do you also go over the tip? Please if anyone can help i would really appreciate it!!! Thanks

Don't be sad!

It sounds a little like the edges of the tips just haven't adhered properly to the natural nail plate. I apply adhesive to the natural nail and then in the tip well, apply the tip and gently press the edges of the tip onto the natural nail to make sure it sticks, that's what I was tought!!
The primer is applied to the natural nail only I think!!

HTH

Tilly xx

It does sound like the tip is lifting away from the natural nail. Make sure you take the shine off the natural nails and press firmly down at the sides of the tip.

hiya....the primer is for the natural nail only....as for the brisa....firstly i would go over your prep step by step...its got to be spot on or you will get lifting...also are you removing the bulk from your tip after you have applied it....Brisa wont stick to a new shiney nail tip. The only other things are capping the free edge and not applying to thin...yes the free edge needs to look thin but there is a way of making it look thin without skimping on your product.

Clear tips are perfect with Brisa so it wont be that....also dont let your fingers on the tip as you may be putting a layer of oil from your fingers onto it.

Cant think of anything eles it could be....best of luck HTH xxxxx

Could be a finishing error, whats your final shaping like? are the edges flush to the natural nail and gently arching up to form the apexs?

Hi ya, dont know if i can help but i tend to have exactly the same problem with my thumb nails and i think with mine its because im not using the correct sized tips, i have funny thumb sizes and sometimes if i dont get the right fit they tend to lift right at that point hope im making sense lol been a long day! x x

Hi thank you all for your replies, i think it could be not applying enough adesive as i was only putting on the well area and not both natural nail and tip. Do you think it could also have happened cause i applied primer on the whole nail including the tip? Also if my prep wasn't up to scratch wouldn't it lift also in the cuticle area? Thats why i was confused as i have no lifting what so ever near the cuticle. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back