Light when spray tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
Do any of you use a light when spray tanning? I was told when training that the best light is natural light, all well and good, but most of my tans are at night when there is no light, the customer has one bulb in the room and you can hardley see your hand in front of your face! :eek:

I have been using a big stand up 500w halogen light so that I can see what I am doing. New customers always comment that they havent seen anyone with a light before, I tell them that its so I can see what I am doing as even during the daytime no-one wants to stand in front of their window with the curtains open!

What do you all use if you are doing a tan mobile? do you struggle with no light, just the light in the room? I'm wondering if i would be able to see well enough without carting the light with me....

Great to have you geeking again!:hug:

I don't do spray tanning but imagine good lighting is a must. How about those plug-in spot lights which can clip onto things. They are not heavy and I think would be ideal for your purpose - you could even have two without too much room being taken up.

Hi I picked up a light for the spray booth at the show its light weight and portable and quite cheep, it also clamps to the side of the booth. I will be using this all the time as good light is important and you dont want to make do as you want to give a professional tan all times. Also take your own extention lead with a double socket as not always a double plug close to were you would be tanning. good luck
hth:)x

I bought 4 clip on lights from Ikea they were only £1.99 each and they put a spot light in to the tent and it looks fab to.

i use the clip on daylight one from sienna -x sherrie as i thought i was going blind tryign to see in the dark lol.

Good to see you girl
x

Here are the lights i have. they do in black or white, and only £1.99 each from Ikea

16596_PE100892_S3.jpg

I am ok with being in the salon.. my lighting is behind me so I can always see the body be day or night. When I was mobile I sometimes struggled with poor lighting until I found that I could actually see better in half light, I could see the mist easier and as long as I followed my trusted routine I got a good even spray. I found a bright daylight bulb sometimes made it harder to see the colour guide going on.

I am ok with being in the salon.. my lighting is behind me so I can always see the body be day or night. When I was mobile I sometimes struggled with poor lighting until I found that I could actually see better in half light, I could see the mist easier and as long as I followed my trusted routine I got a good even spray. I found a bright daylight bulb sometimes made it harder to see the colour guide going on.

thats what i'm finding Jen, sometimes I cant see the spray and i've even stopped and sprayed onto a tissue just to make sure it's still coming out right! I think my 500w bulb is a bit too bright - those ikea lights look good, do they weigh the tent down? the one i use at the moment is free standing. I think I may do better in half light too...I always carry my extension lead with me :)

Hiya Lu and Chris :hug: it's good to be back x

they are very light and give just the right amount of light and makes the tent look fab :)

Thanks for that, will have to go to Ikea! :green: how many have you got in your tent? two?

Latest posts

Back