Lightening hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel_19

Reaction score
I've got a friend and her natural hair is about a base 7. She has been dying her hair with home die over the past couple of years to about a base 4. I've been doing her hair over the past couple of months and I've been using wella colour touch.

Because her hair is a lot lighter naturally she's tired of the roots and wants to go a lot lighter. She wants light brown hair. I told her to wait a bit a use head and shoulders to try and fade the colour a bit but it hadn't really worked and I'm unsure what to do?

She has a lot of colour build up on her mid lengths and ends and I didn't really want to bleach it up as her hair is actually in really really good condition and don't want to ruin it.

Does anyone know how I can get her hair lighter without ruining it? Any advice please as she wants it done asap x

You could try a color eraser. eg. Rusk Elimin8
You may have to apply this eraser two or three times to erase the color in the mid lengths and ends. These types of color erasers are kinder than bleach, but are still a chemical process, so will be further damaging the hair.
If you use an eraser, make sure you only apply it to the coloured hair. Once you have achieved your desired result, you will have to rinse the eraser out for at least 5 minutes. Then you can apply your chosen tint.

Please make sure you read thoroughly any instructions for color erasers.
There will be a three step process to complete this type of service.

If you don't want to use the color eraser, then the only way to strip the color out of her hair will be with the bleach or bleach bath.

:D

You could try a color eraser. eg. Rusk Elimin8
You may have to apply this eraser two or three times to erase the color in the mid lengths and ends. These types of color erasers are kinder than bleach, but are still a chemical process, so will be further damaging the hair.
If you use an eraser, make sure you only apply it to the coloured hair. Once you have achieved your desired result, you will have to rinse the eraser out for at least 5 minutes. Then you can apply your chosen tint.

Please make sure you read thoroughly any instructions for color erasers.
There will be a three step process to complete this type of service.

If you don't want to use the color eraser, then the only way to strip the color out of her hair will be with the bleach or bleach bath.

Can you use colour erasers on colour touch? I thought you could only use them on permanent colours? X

Can you use colour erasers on colour touch? I thought you could only use them on permanent colours? X

I thought you had previous colour in the mid lengths and ends before you coloured her hair with colour touch.

If its only color touch in her mid lengths and ends, you can just apply bleach baths until the color touch has been lifted out of her hair.

Yes she does have previous colour in her hair. Can I get a colour eraser from sallys? And is it safe for me to use it as I have no experience with colour erasers? Also would it come out even? And shall I apply another colour touch on her hair after or a permanent die? I'm just worried even if I gave her gentle bleach baths that the colour would come out uneven?

I thought you had previous colour in the mid lengths and ends before you coloured her hair with colour touch.

If its only color touch in her mid lengths and ends, you can just apply bleach baths until the color touch has been lifted out of her hair.

Ahh rite, I thought even if there was permenent underneath you couldn't use colour erasers. Thanks for clearing that up Lamaur Man.

Angel_19 sorry for hijacking your thread slightly. X

Yes you can purchase color erasers from Sally's.

If you have no experience of using a color eraser, I will suggest you fully follow the manufacturers instructions and get further support from your salon about its use.

Whether the results are uneven depends on the clients hair condition and porosity. Only you can decide what the outcome will be, as only you have the knowledge of your clients hair and condition.

You can apply color touch after permanent tints, but again, only you should decide this depending on your clients needs and hair condition.

Unless I can actually see your clients hair, I cannot say what the actual results will be.

xx

Ahh rite, I thought even if there was permenent underneath you couldn't use colour erasers. Thanks for clearing that up Lamaur Man.

Angel_19 sorry for hijacking your thread slightly. X

That it what I was led to believe, but I have heard of people using color erasers with semi permanents and having no problems.
Maybe someone else can shed some light on this thread.

Thanks for stepping in Lauren89. I may be totally wrong here. xx

:(
xx

Ok I'll just give her a gentle bleach bath. I was just worried about the condition of her hair x

Latest posts

Back