Lint free wipes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna Ljungberg

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

I've spent waaaay too long browsing the internet for a solution to my lint free wipe problems!
I'm mobile, so I'd like a way of storing my wipes securely, yet looking professional. I've currently got some wipes in a clear screw lid jar, but it looks kind of silly when I set my table up, and I rely on stuffing it full for a busy day.

Secondly, I'd like to find some wipes that are *actually* lint free, I'm sick of fluff! I've tried the Hands Down, and Mundo gauze wipes from S2, but they still leave some strands of fluff.

I've found this on Ellisons: https://www.ellisons.co.uk/beauty-essentials-remover-pads-and-dispenser-kit.html, I really like the look of the dispenser, and the roll of wipes, but I don't know if they are actually any good.

Any suggestions please? :)

I saw a tip about using cut up wax strips the other day as lint free wipes. I ran out of mine today and used some waxperts wax strips ...they worked a treat!!
I can't help you with a dispenser, I have mine in a bag! [emoji2]

I saw a tip about using cut up wax strips the other day as lint free wipes. I ran out of mine today and used some waxperts wax strips ...they worked a treat!!
I can't help you with a dispenser, I have mine in a bag! [emoji2]

Oh interesting, I can see how wax strips would work well, thanks!

To be honest the only way I found to get 100% no lint is to use a manicure brush soaked in whatever you are using (with the exception of color removal), I've got some of the push down bottles that I keep my scrubfresh/IPA/other nail cleansers in and I will usually press a manicure brush onto the top of the bottle to soak with dehydrator and then give the nails a scrub before applying primer or product. Seems to be the only thing that has truly worked for me!

I've given up and now cut paper towels with a guillotine! So much better

I swear by paper wax strips. Zero lint. Truly lint free!!! And cheap too!

I'm really happy to know I'm not the only one getting annoyed! I think I'll look into cutting my own up!

I thought it was my inexperience when Mundo wipes in my CND kit left fluff on the nail.

It's got into my cream puff which is my fault but still annoying. I've just bought wipes off s2 but now I'm wondering if a trip to Sally's is in order for paper waxing strips.

We shouldn't have so sit there cutting up paper strips though, the ones sold should just work.

I thought it was my inexperience when Mundo wipes in my CND kit left fluff on the nail.

It's got into my cream puff which is my fault but still annoying. I've just bought wipes off s2 but now I'm wondering if a trip to Sally's is in order for paper waxing strips.

We shouldn't have so sit there cutting up paper strips though, the ones sold should just work.

Completely with you there, my last straw was wiping a nail art brush I had used with gel polish, and getting a brush full of tiny speckles of fluff.

I thought it was just me with this problem I now just use the cellulose wipes the ones that are kind of paper? The only ones that are actually lint free, I will send a pic of how I store them later

I thought it was just me with this problem I now just use the cellulose wipes the ones that are kind of paper? The only ones that are actually lint free, I will send a pic of how I store them later

Oh interesting, I think the roll of wipes on Ellisons are made of cellulose?

I just had a quick look on elisions and I can't see them but this is the kind I mean they're thick and like paper and don't leave any lint, you can get them quite cheap on eBay and amazon if you look around. if you do acrylic they're also good for wiping your brush, I wipe my brush on them because they absorb all the liquid and throw them in the bin quite regularly I think it really reduces odour. http://www.salonsdirect.com/sibel-lint-free-wipes-roll-x-1000

I just had a quick look on elisions and I can't see them but this is the kind I mean they're thick and like paper and don't leave any lint, you can get them quite cheap on eBay and amazon if you look around. if you do acrylic they're also good for wiping your brush, I wipe my brush on them because they absorb all the liquid and throw them in the bin quite regularly I think it really reduces odour. http://www.salonsdirect.com/sibel-lint-free-wipes-roll-x-1000

Thanks a lot! I'll give them a try as well, worth trying and seeing if I get on with them! :)

I have been using kitchen roll recently, going to give the wax strips a shot though

Plenty kitchen roll - only the plain white version though!

I second wax strips! I love the fact I can buy a whole load for around £4 then cut them up- I have most of them the same size, but I also have some smaller ones for cleaning brushes and tools. I bought my pack of wax strips from Sally's over 6 months ago and only just reached halfway through doing at least a set a week! Interested to know the outcome :) x

I got some great ones from Amazon not these exact ones but very similar...nail harmony sell similar also. I love them not a bit of fluff anywhere lol x

Attachments

• IMG_0466.PNG
    IMG_0466.PNG
    341.1 KB · Views: 55
I have these but wasn't very keen on them. Sure I still have the roll somewhere, I'll dig it out and try again

Opi ones are meant to be great but I've looked a few times and they aren't cheap!

Latest posts

Back