Log cabin.. nail room??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
Hi geeks.. My hubby is on about looking at some log cabins today, to make into a homebased nail bar. Is there anything i need to think about when doing this?? Am sorted with the council as i intend on using it as a garden room as well. so providing it is used not all the time as a nail bar i dont need P/P. :wink2:

Ide like to know guys is wether you think this is proffessional enough?
And i also would like some inspiration for a cheapish nail desk and pricelists.

Thanks guys..

I know my reply won't really help much with your queries, but I've also thought of this - it means you can keep your dining room to dine in instead of having it as a salon too! I think it's a great idea and so does my hubby! If you find a good website/supplier with good deals let us all know! Good luck! xxx

i posted about this very subject a while back and carol at cottage nails very kindly sent me some photos of her lovely 'shed'. I have been saving furiously to get mine and am going to order this weekend - so excited! There are so many log cabins designed for office use that they are perfect to convert to a nail room. You will obviously need to insulate, run electric etc etc.

Where are you getting yours from then Tickled Pink? I'm going to look on the internet later but it's always good if you get a recommendation. Thanks! xxx

i went to my local shed company who sell sheds, log cabins, sectional buildings etc - had a good look round and compared loads of different ones and then when i had narrowed it down to a couple, did a search on the internet. The ones i liked at the local place were about £1500 mark but hugely reduced on the internet. I wanted one which wasn't 'frilly' at all - no verandah, no frilly fascia boards etc and plenty of head room, double glass doors and 2 opening windows.
i def recommend going to see one in the flesh so to speak, then you can start searching for a good price on the internet. Haven't made my final decision yet but will do so over the weekend.

My boyfriend's parents just had one put in their garden, and it's lovely. A bit of a waste as they're mainly using it for a shed! I'm not sure of the company name but the website is www.buy-direct.co.uk and theirs is the Lillevilla 20. Has a veranda and stuff so possibly too fancy, and was about £1600. I've seen a nice summer house in the ScrewFix catalogue, and suprisingly they also have some nice sized ones in Argos and the Littlewoods catalogue, all under 1k, it depends how shed-y versus log-cabin-y you want it I guess, and also how big you want it.
Good luck, and very envious! Would love a cabin but makes more sense to keep badgering for the front room which is currently the computer room, as it's the right size and right by the downstairs loo.... Hmm, my Heidi days will have to wait!
Lol x

the one i'm planning on going for isn't too 'sheddy' and as our very old house is part weather-boarded it should blend in perfectly when painted to match. I checked out your link bimbogeri but couldnit find it although i'm probably having a blond moment. Anyhow, i'm dead excited about finally getting it. I was determined to get it off my own back and saved my nail money for it as i didn't want to ask hubby - he takes me more seriously if i save and shell out myself!

It might be .com or without the hyphen, I can never remember! They're a bit pricey though. And it took them a week to put up, as it comes in individual planks that slot together, not panels. I really like the 'sussex chalet' summerhouse in the screw fix cat, i think when al and I move back in together I might need to get one of them for all my pink sparkly stuff.. :)

I too really want somthing in the garden like a log cabin or somthing built, it will be nice to get everything out the house and be able to leave it all set up ! for desks l was looking at the ones in argos their quite a nice width they've got some draws too and their only about £28 have a look at those xx

wow what a brill idea,
as my house is being renovated i am beside myself when people ring for their nails to be done, i have to explain and although i haven't dropped my prices but sometimes feel guilty not doing so because of the house decor.
i am constantly cleaning and hovering to make it presentable.
i to have to use my dining room.............oh how i miss my old house had a purpose buit conservatory.

p.s tickled pink...........rosemary and thyne/the news :wink2: :wink2:

joannerowsell said:
p.s tickled pink...........rosemary and thyne/the news :wink2: :wink2:
:wink2: :Kissing: :Grope: :eek: then :zzz:

Well ive ordered my new nail room and its gonna be great!!! its from the finnsolid range of log cabins so should be ok in winter to. If anyone has any ideas which nail desk to get and ideas for layout on pricelists iwould be really gratefull.
Thanks guys xxx

What a brill idea!

I think this could be the answer to my space problems. How warm will it be in winter? Are the cabins insulated? I suppose you could use an electric heater but if you are storing product in there would they be affected by the temperature? Just a thought.

I'm quite keen on this could anyone offer me advice?

many thanks Liz x

Hi,i`ve got a porta cabin I do my nails in.It`s 19' long and about 9' wide.I had a carpenter build me some steps with decking at the top.all my clients think its `posh`.I decorated it all in lilac and its very restful.For my desk I got a wide piece of worktop which has a `scoop` cut out one side so that you i can get close enough to my clients but the other end is large enough for any other art work i may be doing.It`s cheaper than a nail station and you have more room.If you like I`ll go and take some photos to show you,Daryl.

Hi Daryl

Sounds fantastic, the perfect set up. another good reason to have an out house type building is the smell L&P's make (my kids hate it).
I would love to see a photo.
thanks Liz x

Heres a picture of my nail room.theres a small room at the end that my husband keeps his drum kit in for obvious reasons!

Attachments

• nail room.JPG
    nail room.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,738
Wow I love the nail bar it looks great. It just shows you dont need much room just to be organised.

cheers liz x

Hi Daryl ... your room looks fab :)
C'mon then Liz you gonna get one?
Jo xx

Working on it......... sewing the idea into hubby's mind lol

talontedbitch said:
Hi,i`ve got a porta cabin I do my nails in.It`s 19' long and about 9' wide.I had a carpenter build me some steps with decking at the top.all my clients think its `posh`.I decorated it all in lilac and its very restful.For my desk I got a wide piece of worktop which has a `scoop` cut out one side so that you i can get close enough to my clients but the other end is large enough for any other art work i may be doing.It`s cheaper than a nail station and you have more room.If you like I`ll go and take some photos to show you,Daryl.
Yeah that would be great if you could, ive got some spare worktop in the garage!!! Thanx

Latest posts

Back