Log cabin.. nail room??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Girls, I also work from a Summer House (Wooden) not log cabin, it cost me £500.00 from a conservatory company opposite Designer Nails at West Park Leeds, I had it fully insulated with thick insulating roll, then the walls were boarded, electric installed and whoopee dooo of I go, I have been in it now for a year, I have a small heater which I use in winter which is low cost. If anyone would like me to send photos to the site I will be happy to oblige.

Best Wishes
Carol at Cottage Nails

Id like to see the photos.....

Carol at CottageNails said:
Hi Girls, I also work from a Summer House (Wooden) not log cabin, it cost me £500.00 from a conservatory company opposite Designer Nails at West Park Leeds, I had it fully insulated with thick insulating roll, then the walls were boarded, electric installed and whoopee dooo of I go, I have been in it now for a year, I have a small heater which I use in winter which is low cost. If anyone would like me to send photos to the site I will be happy to oblige.

Best Wishes
Carol at Cottage Nails
Yes please!!!! i did P.M a few days ago for a peek

Yes please.....I still think its a great idea and would love to see what you have done with the summer house.

Just wondering.....do you keep the heater on all through the winter (on low)?

My 'salon/workstation' is in the conservatory which is very hot in the summer and icey cold in the winter so I'm getting worried about ruining my product.

Cheers Liz x

What do you do about that shed smell?

glittergirl said:
What do you do about that shed smell?[/QUOTE

Mines not a shed, would imagine if you bought a summerhouse that might smell abit as it is open sawed wood. The wood used for my cabin is scandinavian pine 35mm thick like proper log boards, so no smell. Very warm too

a word of warning!

a nail tech in my area had the idea of the shed in the garden and all was going great untill her spitefull next door neighbours reported her to the council! :evil: i think they were getting annoyed with the cars arriving all day, so if you are thinking of doing this it may be a good idea to speak to you neighbours.

she was forced to stop working from home and had to rent a shop which im sure diddnt go down too well!

zoochi said:
a word of warning!

a nail tech in my area had the idea of the shed in the garden and all was going great untill her spitefull next door neighbours reported her to the council! :evil: i think they were getting annoyed with the cars arriving all day, so if you are thinking of doing this it may be a good idea to speak to you neighbours.

she was forced to stop working from home and had to rent a shop which im sure diddnt go down too well!
Yes i would tell anyone thinking of doing this to get planning permission, I wrote to the council filled out relevent forms etc.. and there was no prob, however one of my nail tech friends lives in a conservation area and they told her NO Way. Shes gone ahead anyway and i just hope she doesnt get caught. Think the council can fine you.

Carol at CottageNails said:

Best Wishes
Carol at Cottage Nails

Hi Carol,

I have just started to look for a chalet/shed, would it be possible for you to send me some photo.

Kind regards

Michelle

Hi Carol,

Can you tell us the name of the business opposite Designer Nails where you got your cabin from pls?

Thx,
Miss B

Sounds like such a great idea, would really love to see a photo. Perfect way to keep your house separate. Ooooo . . . . .im vey jealous! lol :eek:

GOOD LUCK :Love:

this is my log cabin - i love it! I haven't finished on the inside yet - pictures to go up, certificates to be framed, blinds at the windows etc etc
its painted the same colour as the weatherboarding on the house so blends in nicely...

What a Great idea love all the photos just brill!

Well done to all of you.

Caz xxx

love it was thinking of something like this for my tanning !!

And making it into a 'funky' kind of Carribean beach hut !!!!!!!!!!!

Complete with .... a cocktail bar ...and reggee music !!!!

Now i am dreaming !!!

Hi

I have just posted recently about this subject as I am really interested I would love to know from those of you who posted on this thread who have done it what type of permisions you got how you went about it and do you use it as sole business use how could you get away with not ;) and also did you have insulation, toilet and water. I would definately need water and a loo but was thinking would a portaloo be any good? I would also need some form of heating any ideas. Carol at cottage nails would love to see your pics if you are still on here!!

Thanks

loo said:
Hi

I have just posted recently about this subject as I am really interested I would love to know from those of you who posted on this thread who have done it what type of permisions you got how you went about it and do you use it as sole business use how could you get away with not ;) and also did you have insulation, toilet and water. I would definately need water and a loo but was thinking would a portaloo be any good? I would also need some form of heating any ideas. Carol at cottage nails would love to see your pics if you are still on here!!

Thanks
I posted in your thread Loo. I was just about to mention your thread when I saw your post here. It is great to be able to bounce ideas off other people.

talontedbitch said:
Heres a picture of my nail room.theres a small room at the end that my husband keeps his drum kit in for obvious reasons!
Love your salon. You've obviously gone to loads of trouble to get this look. Can I ask about running water for hot and cold as one needs those with nails. What do you do about toilet facilities for your clients? I need the answeres to these questions because it entails planning permission surely?

Tickled Pink! said:
this is my log cabin - i love it! I haven't finished on the inside yet - pictures to go up, certificates to be framed, blinds at the windows etc etc
its painted the same colour as the weatherboarding on the house so blends in nicely...
Looks lovely with simple clean lines yet so stylish. love you work station. Same question again if you don't mind regarding running water and loo facilities for the clients?

i've got a summerhouse in the garden that i got from B&Q and my clients love it. they think its well quaint. i put a laminate floor in it and a portable heater and its done out like a little salon. i love it too.

Hi there, hope you all don't mind me asking but in total how much would this cost do you think? - at the moment I am in a house with a room that I use as a home salon but might not have this in a year or 2 and would quite like a log cabin or something similar, just wondering about cost - including putting heat and electric etc in? xx

Latest posts

Back