Looking for a Bit of a push

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrogers

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I hope you are all ok, Im looking for a bit of help and advise. I am going to view a salon later on today. Its a hair salon with a beauty room and nail bar available to rent. The rent is £100 a week dropped to £80 for the first 3 months until I hopefully build up my clientelle. First thing I wondered is how do you kow if the salon is perfect? Whats the most important things to check??

The one thing I am worried about is my current job, at the moment I work in a bank full which I by no means enjoy and usually spend my day counting down the hours until i go mobile a 6pm. If I like the salon I am maybe considering asking my boss to go part time to begin with - is this something you'd reccomend??

So my main question is how do you know when you are ready to start your own business or is it literally just a case of you will never know untill you try. Im sorry for all the questions.

I hope to hear from you soon

Jody xx :rolleyes:

you can easily make £300 a week in a hair salon. It was rare if I ever took below £200. That was mostly made up of people wanting last minute waxing/pedis/manis etc - quick fix treatments that they decided to have last minute sat in the hair salon.

If your not there you will miss out on a lot of business as the clients often don't bother booking in for when you are there unless your offering something so superb they want to!

Plus the hair salon staff do not really care much about your business so will not push to book clients in for you, so you being there is far more beneficial.

Offer eyebrow threading at £10 and if your quiet go to the salon clients and sit in the main hair salon and do eyebrow threading. People always need this and its a makor staple of a beauty salon. So long as the hair salon is always busy you can earn up to £100+ doing this whilst also telling the captive client about your other services.

If you are after only part time consider being there on the busiest days thur, fri and sat.

Kate

Thank you so much for your advice. I do actually agree with what your saying, and ideallyI would prefer to be in the salon full time. I think Im just a little bit scared. I am really looking forward to seeing the salon this after noon and I guess that may be the decider. Hmmm

Latest posts

Back